About a month ago I had a really bad fret buzzing type sound. To me it sort of sounded like a ringing separate from the vibration of the string. I think I still have clips of that sound on my profile. It was of the 12th and 13th frets only on the high E string. I got my truss rod adjusted by a tech and it worked fine for a while. Now the buzzing is there, but VERY slightly. Its not a real bad problem, but just enough to annoy me. Its mainly the 12th fret, sometimes the 13th and 14th on the high E string. I have been looking into other possible problems. The frets don't seem loose or anything, and the other strings of the same fret are fine. I might have seen it could possibly be the saddle affecting the height of the string? The saddle screw on high E string of the Ibanez S470 (Lo-TRS II trem I think) is all the way towards the neck, making the saddle farther back, while every other string it is more in the middle. Could this be the problem?
it could just be a loose machine head, because i had buzzing, but when i tightened up the screws on my machineheads the buzzing stopped.

hope this helps
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by blankoff
it could just be a loose machine head, because i had buzzing, but when i tightened up the screws on my machineheads the buzzing stopped.

hope this helps

No, it's not this because the strings are locked before the machine heads.

Is it buzzing when it's plugged in or only when it's not, because if it's only happening while it's unplugged, then that's normal.

If it happens when it's plugged in, then just raise the action a little bit.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by blankoff

hope this helps

I'll check it out
Quote by biga29

Is it buzzing when it's plugged in or only when it's not, because if it's only happening while it's unplugged, then that's normal.

forgot about that
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by biga29

I can hear it more when its unplugged. Its hardly noticeable plugged in except on distortion when you hold a note out but you probably wouldn't notice it unless you're looking for it.
Quote by KingJustinian25
I can hear it more when its unplugged. Its hardly noticeable plugged in except on distortion when you hold a note out but you probably wouldn't notice it unless you're looking for it.

Alot of guitars buzz unplugged, just raise the action and see if it goes away. You can always lower the action if you get it to high, and you can't hurt anything so just mess with it a bit.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
Alot of guitars buzz unplugged, just raise the action and see if it goes away. You can always lower the action if you get it to high, and you can't hurt anything so just mess with it a bit.

Alright its just that it's not exactly a buzz.... its like a ringing type sound that made me think it was something different.
Quote by KingJustinian25
Alright its just that it's not exactly a buzz.... its like a ringing type sound that made me think it was something different.

Ok, is it coming from the trem?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
Ok, is it coming from the trem?

It doesn't sound like but I'm not entirely sure.

I guess it is sort of a buzz... but just not like a normal fret buzz. It could be something normal possibly.
My guitar has he same trem as yours, and it buzzes sometimes. As long as it's not very noticeable through an amp, and it's not hindering your playing, i just wouldn't worry about it.

And btw, I don't know where that smiley cam from in that other post... I don't remember clicking it....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Last edited by biga29 at Aug 25, 2009,
Lol alright. I'm pretty sure anybody that doesn't know about it would hear it anyways so I'll just ignore it.