sup dudes, i used to run my guitar through a podxt, but i decided to buy a distortion pedal recently, and ended up buying a brand spankin' new digitech metal master. i absolutely loved this thing from the moment i turned it on, but i noticed it doesn't react too well when i turned on my booster in my guitar (the notes were coming through with a light overdriven sound, on top of the high gain tone i had tuned the pedal to) so i turned my booster back off, and i've been playing away for a few hours and now im noticing that's happening when i strum hard, without the booster on...

is there something wrong with the pedal or do you have avoid playing too hard when using a dist. pedal?
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

turn down the dist.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
iv tried pretty much every possible combination with the dials on the pedal, to no avail.
im using the clean channel on my amp, and the volume is at 0.5/10 so i don't think its natural overdrive from the tubes...
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

Get a new battery?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
what kind of booster is it? is it a clean boost or overdrive type boost?

BTW, there's a thing called output distortion. If you play harder, you cause more volume, and more distortion on tube amps. Probably your tubes get a little bit drived, and the sound of 2 distortions at the same time isn't cool IMO.

EDIT; the metal master has no gain control (I think, and thats really bad). Probably you have too much highs or lows. the could cause that your speaker doesnt react well with the pedal and it starts to break up, causing a sh*tty sound.

EDIT 2: Well, I read about the 0.5/10 on volume. If this is true, my first theory has a very small possibility to be true, but you can disregard the second, because it only happens when a speaker is drived to high volumes.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Get a new battery?

winner!
thanks dude, it's my first pedal so i didn't know that's what happens when the battery is dying

now i look like such a noob
edit: also, the morph knob kinda controls gain, along with mids.
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E