So I just started college and I was surprised to not see any other "musician types"

It's kind of lame actually... I wanted to meet some new people who have the same interests as me but to be honest everyone at my college just looks like a dick or a wigger of some type... ... They all listen to lame radio rock too...

Just thought i'd bring that up. Maybe my college is gay? Lol :P. It's only been 2 days.. maybe I will eventually meet anti-bros.

Anyone else feel like somethings not right at their school? Or do you all have way more of a variety of people?

Just wondering because so far everyone at my school looks, dresses and acts the same... No uniforms though!
Most people on UG aren't very nice.

That is my signature.

This is true.
thats why you visit the college and see who goes there before commiting yourself.
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
In my suite there's 6 other guys and 2 of them play guitar and are pretty cool. There's also this guy who sits outside and jams all day pretty much every day....and my college only has 1200 people, I guess I'm kind of lucky.
I didn't really have anything in common with the people in my college class but we all got along and I made some good friends anyway.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
in england our collage usualy has alot of "music types" they have better facilitys for drama and music unlike 6th form
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
I'm probably gonna be bombarded with typical little emo kids and posers, but ... college is college. :>
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Haha, yeah I don't really mind.. It is just something for me to complain about for now... it's only been 2 days, i'll probably meet people.

A few of my friends do go to the same college but I've only seen 2 of them and for a very short time.
Most people on UG aren't very nice.

That is my signature.

This is true.
Don't get a wrong impression of looks. I've met a couple people who wear G-unit clothes and baggy pants and all that stuf, but when I asked them what they listen to they say Kataklysm or CoB.
yeah man you'd never guess by how i dress what type of **** im really into. i basically worship zeppelin sabbath an the doors an **** but i dnt own any tshirts of them or anything like that but ivebeen listening to them since i was 11 and im now 20 so ... dont judge abook by its cover. i used to have that whole rockerl ook going on in middle school but after awhil eyou just change, although i am thinking about growing my hair out again. anyways, you gotta look into peoples minds, not their closets.
The times they are a changin'.....
I'll be going to KU next year, and spend quite a bit of time in Lawrence. The place is filled with your average musician/stoner type. I'll fit right in.
You've been there two days. Give it a couple weeks before passing judgment on who "everyone" is.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Red1337Sox
Where do you go to school?

judging by his location, university of florida, the number one party beer school in the united states.
Sent from my iPad.
Become a jock. Its the only way to survive college. Now, ask for a permaban and work on your throwing arm.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Birchall17
I didn't really have anything in common with the people in my college class but we all got along and I made some good friends anyway.
This

You will fucking alienate yourself if you are that judgemental.

It's so much fun being an elitist when you stay in every weekend.
Quote by Antis0cial
Don't get a wrong impression of looks. I've met a couple people who wear G-unit clothes and baggy pants and all that stuf, but when I asked them what they listen to they say Kataklysm or CoB.

I wear baggy jeans & right now I'm wearing a Cypress Hill shirt... I listen to Opeth, Mastodon, CoB, In Flames, Daath, Lamb Of God, etc.
Quote by _-Joey-_
I wear baggy jeans & right now I'm wearing a Cypress Hill shirt...

Me too!
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
go talk to some more people.. you will finally find the people you think are "you"

seriously though.. music taste isn't the be all and end all of a friendship.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by rigiddigits
This

You will fucking alienate yourself if you are that judgemental.

It's so much fun being an elitist when you stay in every weekend.

100% agree with you. Life is too short to feel above everyone else. College is going by way too fast for me, I'm trying to love every moment of it.