Page 1 of 3
according to some people i know, im a "poser metalhead" because my parents wont let me grow my hair and im too poor to afford concert tees, even though my music is my life and i love metal. is this fair?
(just to clarify, a poser metalhead is someone who dresses like a metalhead but knows nothing about metal)
Erm, ignore them. Seems me that they are posers, as they are focusing on the image aspect, rather than the music which you love so much. In fact, you are the opposite of a poser, good on you
I'm assuming the title of your thread refers to your paragraph as a whole.

No, it doesn't make sense.
Lord knows I'm weak, won't somebody get me off of this reef...
Quote by blue_strat
Omg u shud t0t@lly call dem emo or summat.

LOL

And yh by asking a question like that your acting a bit poser, coz u shudnt care.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Erm, ignore them. Seems me that they are posers, as they are focusing on the image aspect, rather than the music which you love so much. In fact, you are the opposite of a poser, good on you

This man gets it
Who cares, if like you said music is your life then does it matter what other people think?
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by ESPplayer5150
who cares what people think

This!

The pit care though, sometimes.

I'd also like to state that my mental approach to being at ease with myself and my representations to other peoples interpretations and perceptions is a very shallow pool of lack luster care.
Quote by random-emo-kill

(just to clarify, a poser metalhead is someone who dresses like a metalhead but knows nothing about metal)

Well it looks to me like you already know the answer ... so why ask the question
Quote by Vitor_vdp
dude, you registered today! Did you join just to ask that ? That's some poser attitude...

Also take note of his username.
Your screen name is "random_emo_kill". Sounds pretty metal poseurly to me. You've gotta be a true BAMF (read: Adam D.) to get away with shitting on emos for lulz.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by seljer

"oh you... you... you... you guys"
Quote by StankMcGarnagle
Did you guys ever get lucky and have someone die the day before or of your gig and get to promote yourselves with it? Sweet huh?

you need help.

FRANTIC MASTURBATION
tell them they're the posers, unless they have the entire Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis' discography.
I have short hair, no band tees and I listen to some of the heaviest metal out there. It's not about how you look, it's about what you listen to and love. **** them, if they think otherwise, they're probly posers themselves.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Oh and BTW, you have no idea what a poser is. Just sayin'.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

who gives A fucking fuckels if your metal or not?
Quote by StankMcGarnagle
Did you guys ever get lucky and have someone die the day before or of your gig and get to promote yourselves with it? Sweet huh?

you need help.

FRANTIC MASTURBATION
Call them scene kids since that's what they are for caring about image so much.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Nope unless you have long hair and a ton of concert tees you can't be a metalhead no matter how much music you listen to.
Quote by poncho-dude
fuckels

Last edited by batman187 at Aug 25, 2009,
no one gives a ****.. when people follow fashion to a Tee, and everyone looks the same, it looks ****.

I went to an Enter Shikari gig, everyone bar a few people had the same look; "emo"

I had a slap-head bald haircut, and the few people who weren't dressed that way came up to me

will-morale: don't give a ****.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by batman187

a' thank ya
Quote by StankMcGarnagle

you need help.

FRANTIC MASTURBATION
easy way to tell-who do you listen to?
god loves the working man. unfortunately, that puts me in deep crap.

you sir, may c*m blood, but i sh*t diamonds, guess which is more painful. especially after curry.

+ =
So, if you love something but you don't look like people in that genre that makes you poser? B.s. who cares what they think. I think it'd be the people who go far out of their way to look like a prick that are the true posers.

Edit: also you kinda come off as a 12 year old who just heard of metal, what with the user name, and the music is my life! kind of thing.
Last edited by stevve at Aug 25, 2009,
Metal isn't so much about the music, as it is a fashion statement.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by damian_91
tell them they're the posers, unless they have the entire Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis' discography.

I do as a matter of fact.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Page 1 of 3