Hey!

Ive been thinking of switching my guitar playing to bass playing, and needs some tips on a good starter bass.

Ive been looking on the Squire Vintage Mod. Jazz bass in Natural color, and I really like the looks. Comments?
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
I've hear many great things about that bass.

What amp are you looking At?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I've heard it's great as well. I recommend Acoustic amps if you can get them in Sweden. I think they're only for us Amurcins though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Im playing through my Toneport GX and Revalver. ( Dont hate on me! )

Oh yeah and im playing mostly 60s/70s music.
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
Last edited by Zapher at Aug 25, 2009,
Yeah, that bass is the tits. Probably the cheapest one that's worth upgrading too

+1
I would play it before you buy it, for me the frets felt too small but the finish on the back of the neck is really nice
Never played the VM but from what i've heard they are really good basses for the price.
---------------------------------
It's a good bass to start with, yes.

Don't be so much concerned with the hardware, but the mentality of bass playing. That's harder for some people to get down than the actual finger on fret part. Great bassists aren't Billy Sheehans.
Ive got some favourite bass players already and its John Entwistle, Geezer Butler, Chris Squire, Roger Waters etc.

The thing is that I feel like im playing bass on my guitar, I rarely shred or do chords I just try to do some tempo thing on the first 3 - 4 strings.

And ive always been more of a "Wow that bass line was wicked" guy.
Quote by ljohn
Quote by rooster456
It's a good bass to start with, yes.

Don't be so much concerned with the hardware, but the mentality of bass playing. That's harder for some people to get down than the actual finger on fret part. Great bassists aren't Billy Sheehans.

What? Sheehan is regarded as one of the greatest rock bassists to have lived, and for good reason. He does a lot more than just his twiddly stuff. He lays down a lot of solid lines.
I used to switch it up and play my bassists fretless Ibanez and honestly, that thing rocked. I loved playing it. Other than that I get pretty bored playing a bass guitar.
Guits-
PRS Standard 22 Satin Nitro 2007
PRS 25th Anniversary 513 2010
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 2012
Gibson Flying V 67 Reissue 1990
Ovation Applause AE 147
Some ratty Concert Guitar that actually sounds decent

What? Sheehan is regarded as one of the greatest rock bassists to have lived, and for good reason. He does a lot more than just his twiddly stuff. He lays down a lot of solid lines.