I'm looking for a semi hollow body guitar thats suitable for metal. Just like a freakin BEEFY tone. I only want it to be semi hollow body coz i love single F holes
My budget is £300-£500.

Please help!
Any guitar that has humbuckers is suitable for metal... IMO.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
doesn't paul gilbert use semi hollows? you could check out his guitars
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-PS1-Xtone-Paramount-SemiHollow-Electric-Guitar?sku=516673

this looks pretty damn cool to me. metal-ish shape, but a single F-hole. my only problem with it is with too much gain, a semi-hollow can hum. you probably already know that though. and the guitar is cheap, but would provide money for a pickup up-grade if you wanted one. i wonder what EMG's in a semi-hollow would be like...

Quote by mashizz

i think all his guitars only have painted on f-holes he may have a few that actually are semi-hollow, he DOES have tons and tons of guitars, but his signature models don't as far as i know
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Aug 25, 2009,
you could pull it off.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-PS1-Xtone-Paramount-SemiHollow-Electric-Guitar?sku=516673

this looks pretty damn cool to me. metal-ish shape, but a single F-hole. my only problem with it is with too much gain, a semi-hollow can hum. you probably already know that though. and the guitar is cheap, but would provide money for a pickup up-grade if you wanted one. i wonder what EMG's in a semi-hollow would be like...

i think all his guitars only have painted on f-holes he may have a few that actually are semi-hollow, he DOES have tons and tons of guitars, but his signature models don't as far as i know

haha, he fooled me
Quote by mashizz

Most of Gilbert's guitars just have painted on f-holes.

However the AS-103 (?) he uses is a semi hollow.
yeah that esps nice but im realy not a les paul-esk guitar shape guy if you get me, not abig fan of the body shape. Im thinking about getting a prs se custom semi hollow and just wanging some seymours into it?
Quote by Mo0oks
yeah that esps nice but im realy not a les paul-esk guitar shape guy if you get me, not abig fan of the body shape. Im thinking about getting a prs se custom semi hollow and just wanging some seymours into it?

your confusing me, u want a metal guitar but u like the look of the F holes??? do u want a semi hollow or do u just want the F holes cos if u do paul gilberts guitars have htem, they are out there
modded epiphone dot with alot of stuff stuffed in the fholes
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Archieisted
your confusing me, u want a metal guitar but u like the look of the F holes??? do u want a semi hollow or do u just want the F holes cos if u do paul gilberts guitars have htem, they are out there

Yeah i want a guitar suitable for metal, but i want one with f holes. Painted ones are okay but paul gilberts are a wee out of my price range. haha well the ones ive seen are
Quote by Mo0oks
Yeah i want a guitar suitable for metal, but i want one with f holes. Painted ones are okay but paul gilberts are a wee out of my price range. haha well the ones ive seen are

well semi hollows wont give u a good metal tone
Quote by Archieisted

wes borland out of limp bizkit used to use a semi hollow prs i think it was and his tone was well beefy.
Your gonna get insane amounts of uncontrolable feedback. If you want a guitar for beefy metal tone get a guitar designed for it. The f-holes shouldn't be important.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
Your gonna get insane amounts of uncontrolable feedback. If you want a guitar for beefy metal tone get a guitar designed for it. The f-holes shouldn't be important.

hmm okay, thats fair enuf. I dont want hum or feedback so semi hollows are out of the picture. haha. Any other guitars with painted on f holes? like paul gilberts but cheaper
Quote by Lil Macker
And a semi hollow can do metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdgjHE-tv7Y

And Vox guitars REALLY aren't designed for metal at all. Any guitar can do metal.

that is really cool... i've been looking for an LP body shape with F-holes for a while... but you can hear all sorts of awful hum every time he turns the volume up. still, that is one badass guitar!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I've got an Epiphone Dot Studio that I dropped a Gibson Dirty Fingers pickup in. Its great for metal or anything that requires a ton of drive. Depending on color and how much it costs you to put the pickup in, its $400-$500
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
If semi hollows are anything like acoustic electrics then feedback will be an issue with distortion, (i tried it once for kicks).

If you don't need real f-holes then look up master Paul's signature models.
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-pgm
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
Quote by gstacey1
The f-holes shouldn't be important.

Didn't you know, the f-holes are where the tone comes from.
Quote by Archieisted

Bull shizzle. I have an Indie ES-335 Custom and it's a better Metal guitar than my LP.

And it's pretty much only the Jazz Semi Hollow guitars you get feedback.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Last edited by Tokai09 at Aug 26, 2009,
You could, but why would you want to?
solid bodies would sound so much better for metal.
semi-hollow bodies would feed back a stupid amount with high gain.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Mo0oks
wes borland out of limp bizkit used to use a semi hollow prs i think it was and his tone was well beefy.

He still does use it with Black Light Burns and Limp Bizkit.
Ws Borland Sig
Way out of your price range though. I'd love one.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Didn't you know, the f-holes are where the tone comes from.

The tone from a semi hollow/ hollow body comes from the ability for the top wood to vibrate and resonate btter f-holes only help. Also he said he wants a semi hollow cause he like single f-holes not there tone.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
You'll get a lot of feedback, but that is never a bad thing. I use my Epiphone Dot for metal and works great. The only problem I have with it is shredding due to its foot thick neck and the high frets aren't incredibly easy to access...
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
Doesn't Emil from Daath play some semi-hollow PRSs?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by mashizz

He has a few that are actually semi-hollows, but he doesnt exactly play with alot of gain

TS, why dont you just buy a nice guitar and paint F-holes on it yourself if you cant afford a PGM
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.