I know the majority of you mainly mix/produce rock and metal music, but would anyone be up to mixing some electro pop. I have recorded a song in this style, however as i am so used to mixing rock and guitar based music, I am finding it hard to get the tracks to gell with each other. I have used a mixture of real instruments (Guitars/Vocals) and synths to create my tracks. I have used logic to create it.

It sounds alright at the moment, but I was wondering if someone could help. I would send you raw tracks of the different instruments ect and you could have a go at mixing it.

I would like to finish by saying, i am not doing this because I am too lazy to do it myself. I know a lot of people on here enjoy mixing and this would be a good oppotunity and I also know that a lot of people on here have better knowledge and equiptment than me.

Anyway, Get Back if you interested and we can discuss any other details...

Thanks!
Thom
Sorry to hi-jack yo' thread, but what programs do people actually use to mix stuff? I'd love to be able to respond to you and say "yeah I'll give it a go", but I don't actually have any idea what programs to use...
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
Logic 7... don't have the money to upgrade to the newer versions haha. It's still pretty decent and I use a variety of different plugins/vsts to create the synth sounds.

edit: sorry i miss-read what you said

there are a lot of different programs to use, the 3 mainly playaz are cubase, logic and pro tools but on here reaper is quite popular

I hate to be a dick but I kinda wanted someone to do this who had a bit of experiance, so it would sound better than how I did it, if you see what I mean.
Last edited by turbulenced at Aug 25, 2009,
Yeah I know, I wasn't gonna volunteer or anything... I'd butcher it!

I just saw something vaguely to do with what I was thinking about and thought I'd find out about mixing software.

My apologies to you, O Great Turbulenced.
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
Quote by turbulenced
I know the majority of you mainly mix/produce rock and metal music, but would anyone be up to mixing some electro pop. I have recorded a song in this style, however as i am so used to mixing rock and guitar based music, I am finding it hard to get the tracks to gell with each other. I have used a mixture of real instruments (Guitars/Vocals) and synths to create my tracks. I have used logic to create it.

It sounds alright at the moment, but I was wondering if someone could help. I would send you raw tracks of the different instruments ect and you could have a go at mixing it.

I would like to finish by saying, i am not doing this because I am too lazy to do it myself. I know a lot of people on here enjoy mixing and this would be a good oppotunity and I also know that a lot of people on here have better knowledge and equiptment than me.

Anyway, Get Back if you interested and we can discuss any other details...

Thanks!
Thom

Im interested. i'll send you a PM.
hijacker:

I use Cubase if I'm on my Windows machine and Audacity if I'm on my Linux machine
Hey I'll give it a go, I use Logic 8 so you could just send me the whole project file. I'll pm you.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.