What can i buy for recording?!!?!
I'm pretty amateur when it comes to equipment, i've been looking for something that can plug into the computer and guitar, record what i play and connect different parts/riffs together, if possible, allows me to write drum tracks(i can write drum tracks but can't play any). Then i can post it on youtube for peoples opinion.

I need help thank you !
go to guitar center and look at recording packages

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

It depends on your budget

If you have say £200/$300 to begin with which is a fair amount to start with

I would go for

A USB/Firewire interface (£140/$200)
Shure SM57 (£60/$100)

That is a good starting package that you can record a lot of things with.

If you want to make drums. Download a program that is capable of VSTs (Reaper is a popular free choice) and buy or download a drum VST.
First off, you must understand that recording can get very expensive.
You will likely need some kind of preamp or interface, possibly microphone(s), and some kind of software such as Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, etc.
Now, if you only plan on recording Guitar with the direct line in, it'll be somewhat easier as it'll bypass your amp and there'll be no need for a microphone, however, if you have a decent Amp, it is advisable to use a dynamic mic (like the SM57) to record your amp's output, as it can be hard to recreate the sound of a good amp digitally.
If you plan on recording anything other than an electric guitar, you'll probably need an interface anyway. You can look at something like the Mbox2(or Mbox2 mini if on a stricter budget) for an interface, as it'll come with Pro Tools LE free. That takes care of pretty much everything as you'll be able to sequence drums with Pro Tools plugins, or you can buy a more flexible plugin as well. You don't need even need a mic if you just use the Direct instrument line, though you might want to think about using a mic if you have a half decent amp.
^^^^ don't go the Pro Tools route, it's ridiculously expensive.

You can mic the amp with an SM57 and an audio interface. Or you can get one of those Pod or Zoom amp simulators and an audio interface. Or you can get the interface and some amp simulation software.

As for recording software, Reaper all the way.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
^^^^ don't go the Pro Tools route, it's ridiculously expensive.

You can mic the amp with an SM57 and an audio interface. Or you can get one of those Pod or Zoom amp simulators and an audio interface. Or you can get the interface and some amp simulation software.

As for recording software, Reaper all the way.

+1 seriously reaper is amazing software. id say better than any LE software (obviously stuff like cubase studio,Pro tools HD, and logic pro will surpass but they cost around 10x more, pro tools being EXTREMELY expensive) you can get good guitar tones with free VST's (check out teh thread on it) aand good drum vst's can be had for around 150$ the best around 300-400$ (excluding ocean ways which i belive is around 1200$ !!!) you can also get free drums with a sampler and some royalty free samples on the web.