I don't know if these guys are well known, kinda doubt it but here:
http://www.myspace.com/thefortunetellerband
Not the most original name, but one of their influences is very apparent in their music and in one case, IN their music. I'm not sure if their guitarist(s?) were taught by AJ Minette, but I could believe it. He does guest guitar on the song The Visual Device.

Edit: I guess I could have mentioned they're basically a Nocturne - The Human Abstract Jr. for those who like/dislike that kind of music.
Last edited by TheThirdCut at Aug 25, 2009,
I love their band name.

This is what THA should have done after Nocturne.
Hah, it's not bad it's just that I feel like there's probably a million other "Fortune Teller"-ish bands out there.

And yeah I agree, but you know, things happen. Your guitarist decides classical>metal. He leaves. You get a new guitarist. He takes the band in a different direction, etc...
I can't decide if I like the vocals or not. It's mostly the clean singing that bothers me. Also, I didn't hear any part on that song that sounded like guest guitarwork.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by TheThirdCut
Hah, it's not bad it's just that I feel like there's probably a million other "Fortune Teller"-ish bands out there.

And yeah I agree, but you know, things happen. Your guitarist decides classical>metal. He leaves. You get a new guitarist. He takes the band in a different direction, etc...

Yeah. Idk, i have hope for THA's next release for some strange reason. I mean, its not like they can get worse right?

...right?

Has AJ released any music since he left?
Quote by Frenzied
thought the thread was gonna be about this band: http://www.myspace.com/fortunetellerhardcore

oh well

Came in to this thread to post this exact link.

The new song they just put up is amazing.

THINKING BACK TO WHEN I WAS A KID, WILL I EVER BE IN LOVE WITH LIFE AGAIN? NO.

so good. 7" dropping within the next couple months too I believe.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I can't decide if I like the vocals or not. It's mostly the clean singing that bothers me. Also, I didn't hear any part on that song that sounded like guest guitarwork.

AJ must have decided he was too cool to shred for them, but he played the acoustic part in The Visual Device.
Ah, the acoustic part. Yeah, that makes sense, since he left to do classical stuff. I guess he's done with electric.

My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT