So I have just sold my Epi SG for £130 and I have in total £155 to spend. I play through an AC15 and when I turn the volume up on the amp my high end becomes untamable and sounds horrible (especially for lead).

But what should I buy first Pickups or an EQ Pedal?

Pickups I'm looking at: Rockmonkey Warm and Smooth Heritage
EQ Pedal I'm looking at: MXR 6 Band
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
if you get an EQ, don,t get the 6 band, there's no level slider on it wich kinda suck, get the dano Fish n' Chip or the MXR 10 Band
I not too worried about a level slider but I heard the Fish N Chips is made out of plastic
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
I not too worried about a level slider but I heard the Fish N Chips is made out of plastic

It is made out of plastic. But its also a damn good EQ and its pretty inexpensive.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
It is made out of plastic. But its also a damn good EQ and its pretty inexpensive.

+1

Also, what preamp tubes do you have in the AC15? If it's EHX, you may want to change them - their tubes are known for being shrill and harsh.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^ I've got JJ's in there
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly