Ok.

At the Moment i have a complete stock Squier Telecaster and i plan to change the bridge so i can fit a double coil/humbucker into it...and then i plan to put a Seymour Duncan LW-HMET.

what do you people think?
It'd sound better with a dimebucker, and a Fender 65R horizontal stack.

BTW, the R stands for reissue, SO IT'LL BE SICK YOU'LL SOUND JUST LIKE DIMEBAG AND JIMI AT THE SAME TIME. WHO ELSE THINKS SO?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Dont get a dimebucker. But sure you can mod a telecaster with any humbucker and itll work fine.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Dimebuckers are ****.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by V.U.K
It'd sound better with a dimebucker, and a Fender 65R horizontal stack.

BTW, the R stands for reissue, SO IT'LL BE SICK YOU'LL SOUND JUST LIKE DIMEBAG AND JIMI AT THE SAME TIME. WHO ELSE THINKS SO?

I love how no one else gets the reference.

And TS, I think that would sound pretty good.
In all seriousness though, TS.

Don't get the LW-HMET. First of all, it's an active humbucker. Meaning, unless you want to pay someone to install the system for you, you're going to have to think of a system that works well for you in which the active is completely shut down when using the neck, and the neck is shut down while using the active. You can't just combine passive and active without a system that'll do that.

Second, the HMET is a high output pickup. Placing it in the bridge would probably suck for many reasons, a few being that a low output neck pickup and a highoutput bridge just doesn't work. It sounds bad. Second, unless Seymour Duncan have improved their wax potting, it'll be noisey as hell with all that metal around it.

My suggestion is to get a PAF Pro in the bridge. Unless of course you play some sort of brutal deathmetal, then I'd get a Crunch Lab or Tone Zone, or Super Distortion, based on your preference.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Last edited by V.U.K at Aug 25, 2009,
Im sure getting that joke is the reason that I'm on here.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by V.U.K
In all seriousness though, TS.

Don't get the LW-HMET. First of all, it's an active humbucker. Meaning, unless you want to pay someone to install the system for you, you're going to have to think of a system that works well for you in which the active is completely shut down when using the neck, and the neck is shut down while using the active. You can't just combine passive and active without a system that'll do that.

Second, the HMET is a high output pickup. Placing it in the bridge would probably suck for many reasons, a few being that a low output neck pickup and a highoutput bridge just doesn't work. It sounds bad. Second, unless Seymour Duncan have improved their wax potting, it'll be noisey as hell with all that metal around it.

My suggestion is to get a PAF Pro in the bridge. Unless of course you play some sort of brutal deathmetal, then I'd get a Crunch Lab or Tone Zone, or Super Distortion, based on your preference.

Ok thanks thats helped alot

and the fact that it is an active pick up is kind of putting me off :\
Quote by bennej1
Ok thanks thats helped alot

and the fact that it is an active pick up is kind of putting me off :\

Nah, actives are great, they're just annoying to install, and have a bad reputation because of a few bad pickups, or as being too cookie-cutter pickup-switch because many morons just go LOLEMG85AND80RDABEST.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

i allways thort that all the n00by twats used 81 and 85?

whatever...

they can have there piece of active plywood...

(you see, you can put a emg in anything! and you will sound JUST AS GAY AS EVERYONE ELSE! briliaint!)
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt

whatever...

(you see, you can put a emg in anything! and you will sound JUST AS GAY AS EVERYONE ELSE! briliaint!)
*always
*thought
*their
*brilliant

I like the content and attitude of this post even less than the obvious misspellings.
In short, If you want to insult others for their preferences in pickups, just don't.

Have a nice day.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
*always
*thought
*their
*brilliant

I like the content and attitude of this post even less than the obvious misspellings.
In short, If you want to insult others for their preferences in pickups, just don't.

Have a nice day.

well... i hate overhyped stuff.

and emgs are just...well there allright, but the people that usethem, or atleast the people that arnt pro's...

because,
A: there active.
B: by being active, they are harder to wire (makes more people make noob threads.)
C: being active they need a battery, or 2. (needing to rout, ect makes people make more threads)
D: most guitars dont have them, so a swap is needed (more threads!)

you see, because people want them, and the people who want them dont have skills in pickup swaps, they create alot of threads!

but yes.

its your own choice, use what ever pickup YOU want.

so dont make anoing "OPINION NEEDED D00DZ!!" threads...

*crawls out of thread >_>*
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt

whatever...

No!! you could just go EMG 81 81 like me and stand out from the crowd. lol not really though.
But I would definatly look into some seymore duncun(its spelled wrong I know) jr 59's or something similar, I know guitar fetish pickups are pertty good too.