Okay, I have EZDrummer Drumkit from Hell. And I am sick of just dragging and dropping the MIDI files onto the track.

Is there anyway I can use the computer keyboard as the controller and play using the computer keyboard while playing back the song? Or do I have to drag and drop? Cause this is pissing me off....

I also have a keyboard so I can use that if it is needed for MIDI stuff.

Please help!

Thank you!
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
hi
i dont know how to answer your question
but i got a question myself actually

im looking towards to buy the EZdrummer
is it really worth it?
and i dont really know how it works and how you drop the midi tracks and stuff
so if you can help me with that, that would be great
Well I can't help you much their because I am not an expert.

So if there is a demo, try it, but if not, then I cant really help. Sorry.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Quote by Cowslayer
Well I can't help you much their because I am not an expert.

So if there is a demo, try it, but if not, then I cant really help. Sorry.

buy yourself a midi cable and connect the midi out of your keyboard to the midi in of your interface. then set up the proper parameters in your daw and your keyboard shoule be playing the drum sounds.
Yeah the guy up there is right(The MIDI cable to the interface). Also, another alternative would be to make the patterns in Guitar Pro ( assuming you have it) and then import it into your DAW and just use ezDrummer as the trigger for that MIDI file.

As for the person looking into getting ezDrummer. Yeah it is a very good drum program with many amazing sounds. Especially if you get the expansion, covers a variety of different styles and even has a Humanizing mode which changes the velocity of the drums to make it more real. I would recommend it.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by hyroglyph!c
Yeah the guy up there is right(The MIDI cable to the interface). Also, another alternative would be to make the patterns in Guitar Pro ( assuming you have it) and then import it into your DAW and just use ezDrummer as the trigger for that MIDI file.

As for the person looking into getting ezDrummer. Yeah it is a very good drum program with many amazing sounds. Especially if you get the expansion, covers a variety of different styles and even has a Humanizing mode which changes the velocity of the drums to make it more real. I would recommend it.

yea i write all my drum parts in GP5, and add fills and minute details in reaper using the piano editor. Yes Ezdrummer is a good product (i have superior drummer 2.0 and drum kit from hell) although superior is most likely alot better, its over double the price. so i suggest Ezdrummer too
Download a program called MIDIYoke and Bome's Mouse/Keyboard (google them) They let you use them both as MIDI inputs. I'm sure you know how to set up MIDI on your DAW so I wont go into that.

I use them to trigger Reason so they do work.

edit, and tnekf94, if you can, try and get Superior Drummer 2.0, I prefer it over normal EzDrummer and DFH.
Last edited by maggot9779 at Aug 28, 2009,