I have roughly around £200 to spend and I am looking for a good metal tone. I currently have a Peavey Classic 30 which doesnt have enough gain and the only pedal i own, a Boss MT-2, has a terrible tone.

I'm looking to try and get a Metallica/Opeth sound and have no idea what i should start my pedal collection with therefore any suggestions you could give me would be hugely appreciated.
Definately look into Rothwell pedals they are amazing and Andy Rothwell is a great guy - very helpful. Maybe look at the Rothwell Switchblade or The Hellbender - http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/guitar.html
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Take the MT-2 you've got and have it modded. The Monte Allums Tri-Gain mod is fantastic. So are the mods offered by Robert Keely.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Take the MT-2 you've got and have it modded. The Monte Allums Tri-Gain mod is fantastic. So are the mods offered by Robert Keely.

How do i go about doing this? Do i send the pedal away or do i have to do it myself and purchase a mod kit?
Quote by Thy Woodzy
How do i go about doing this? Do i send the pedal away or do i have to do it myself and purchase a mod kit?

No you just send it to them and they will mod it for you
Quote by Thy Woodzy
I know that Keeley will mod it for you (for a fee) but I'm not sure about Monte Allums. These mods aren't hard to do yourself if you're handy with a soldering iron.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I have the ML2, pwns MT2.
Opeth FTW.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.