Poll: Which option?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which option?
Rhythm,Lead,Bass,Drums
21 75%
Guitar,Bass,Keyboard,Drums,Singer
7 25%
Voters: 28.
Right now I'm the Lead Vocalist/Rhythm Guitarist for my band.
It's me,my friend (lead guitar), and my brother (drums).

Now there are two paths we can take. We can find a bassist (i know a bunch of guys) and be a four man group. Or we could change our lead guitar to bass, change me to lead, have my girlfriend come and play keyboard/synth, and get another chick we know to take lead vocals.

Which option would be better in your opinions?
the second option is too radical a change to the structure of your band imo, but really, it depends on what style of music you play.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
DON'T bring your girlfriend into the band.

You could just switch to bass and stay a 3 piece, though I'd go with the 4-piece idea.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
^ exactly what he said. Except maybe could one of you sing? most preferably the rythym guitarist, but any thing else works too. And if not just keep what you have and add a singer.
Yeah I'm good with singing anything clean and the lead guitarist can sing metal/hard rock.
just get a bassist. But i think it would be better if you were a 5 piece, with a bassist and a singer, so you could perform your guitar duties better.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Aug 25, 2009,
Captain, I have third alternative,

instead of adding a forth member, you might consider using an octave pedal or drone pedal to fill out the sound.

Depending on how you use it you might make something with a unique angle to it.

Of course if you don't feel like experimenting and just want add a bass player that is great option too, especially if you are looking for a more traditional sound.
Quote by Srbbent

instead of adding a forth member, you might consider using an octave pedal or drone pedal to fill out the sound.

Of course if you don't feel like experimenting and just want add a bass player that is great option too, especially if you are looking for a more traditional sound.

Thats actually a very good suggestion.
I'll talk it over with my mates.
Quote by Srbbent

octave pedal cannot fill in the low end like a bass

The best option would be to get a regular bassist. guitarists generally get mad defered when they have to switch instruments. Go for a fourth member
Bringing a Girlfriend into a band is one of the big no-no's. More likely then not, you guys will probably split up and cause havoc for the entire band, and that kind of havoc could quite literally split the band up.

Switching the lead guitar for a bass would be another "hell no!" kind of thing. Lead guitarists are known for their egos and the love of their instrument. Proposing a bass to them would be like... I don't know, keying their new super-car that they have wanted all their life, and peeing in the gas tank... When they're watching.

So just find a bassist.
Plus it's much easier to find a bassist then tell everyone to switch places.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Highwaytohell
octave pedal cannot fill in the low end like a bass

The best option would be to get a regular bassist. guitarists generally get mad defered when they have to switch instruments. Go for a fourth member

this... actually, all of this^

and for the love of all that is rock, kick Yoko to the curb (or atleast keep her out of the band... that's sacred dude).
Option 1, option 1, option 1.

That seems to be a solid line up. Don't get your girlfriend into the picture, never do that. All band members argue at some point (and some argue a lot, if you don't get your head checked :p. Would you want to do that with your girlfriend?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles