Hi, I'm wondering if you guys can help me out. Im looking for a type of pedal that could get the sort of sound that the guy in this video has. Sorry if I don't sound like I know too much about effects and stuff haha, I have been playing guitar for a few years but just using what gear my dad has, so I never really looked into effects and stuff because I would play what was available. Anyways, I was wondering if there is an effect pedal that could get this sound. I don't know what amp the guy in the video has, but I have a EVH 5150 III with just a EVH Phase 90 which I don't really use, and a boss delay pedal. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, I saw a few other threads on effects in this section so I figured this was the right place. Help is much appreciated!

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EmsAscUGAc
well for round and round just about any tubescreamer with a litle bit of delay (and i mean a little bit) and throw a little reverb in and it should be close enough but no matter wat the song or band is unless u have the exact setup they do u will almost never get the same sound they do.
You might want to go with a prossesor if you don't mind not having a real stompbox. I have a Boss ME-20 and I'm loving it, you can mix any variation of overdrive/distortion, modulation, delay, and eq (not to mention its also a wah/volume pedal and a tuner) for bout $200... and Roland has a rebate going on till september 30th that'll knock anoth 25 off that price.
Thanks for the replys guys. I wasn't specifically talking about round and round though I meant the tone that he has in that video, he has another lesson video on another song and he has a similar tone. but anyways thanks for the reccomendation, I will definately look into it.
Last edited by dgk123 at Aug 25, 2009,