My pal Jake, in a fit of insanity, snipped a resistor in his Boss SD-1. Unable to find the missing resistor, much less fix it, he gave me the pedal. So I have an SD-1 that is very fixable, I just need help identifying the missing resistor. The missing resistor is labeled R7 on this pic of a SD-1 circuit board. I've tried using some resistor identifiers on this page, but I can't seem to make it match this diagram:

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks,
Mike
DIO FOREVER
Yes. The "R7" is horizontal, and it's right above D6, D5, and D4.
DIO FOREVER
^
Checked it on that, got

Resistance 70k Ω
Tolerance ± 5 %

I know absolutely nothing about resistors, does that look right?
DIO FOREVER
Quote by 60CycleHum
^
Checked it on that, got

Resistance 70k Ω
Tolerance ± 5 %

I know absolutely nothing about resistors, does that look right?

I'm not sure if we're looking at the same resistor, but in the picture you posted, R7 is 10k

Bands being Brown/Black/Orange/Gold.
Quote by end_citizen
I'm not sure if we're looking at the same resistor, but in the picture you posted, R7 is 10k

Bands being Brown/Black/Orange/Gold.

I got 1K +/- 5% I see the orange as red.

P.S. Your friend must be stupid.. That's a 10 minute (For research) 10 cent fix.
Weekend Warrior
Last edited by ML_Guitar09 at Aug 25, 2009,
end_citizen, ya may be right. Here's what I'm looking at:

The issue now is not which resistor I'm talking about, it's what the colors are. I can't tell with all of them, so...yeah.
DIO FOREVER
Last edited by 60CycleHum at Aug 25, 2009,
i see brown, black, orange as the bands, which ends up as 10k like end citizen said. i pulled up a schematic and there are some 10k resistors there. the only thing i am unsure of is if the first band could possibly be purple, which would make it 70k, and then there arent any of those in the schem so it wouldnt be that. and i am almost 100% sure that is an orange band and not red, so it wouldnt be the 1k resistor. plus i only see one of those on the schem, and that looks to be at R16 anyway (on the pic).