OK, I recorded a song today and it turned out great, except for one, huge, HUGE problem. I have no ****ing idea why its doing it. There a huge bass spikes all over the place on the guitar tracks. Like, the spikes are so loud its not even funny. I;d REALLY like to know what caused this, and how to fix this without rerecording. It sounded fine cmoing out of my amp. No bass spikes at all. There is some compression on it, but that didnt do ****. Please help me out. The link for the song is below.

http://www.filedropper.com/zxhbfgx
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Clipped. The microphone couldn't handle it. Turn the sound down and raise it digitally next time you record.
xThrashxAttackx
Thats not the problem. I just tested it lowering the mic volume a LOT and it still did the same facking thing. Thats what i thought it was too /=
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
its not the mics volume but rather the soundwaves hitting the mic.

its likely that you simply have too much bass spitting out of the amp and could be turned down.

what kind of amp/mic do you have and what sort of settings are you using?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Well, Im using my Vetta and using direct recording. I think the problem is in my guitar. When ever I do palm mutes on the low E string anywhere close to the 7th fret, is where the bass spike occurs. I have no idea whats going on.

EDIT: The Settings are really comlicated but it goes something like this:

5150 w/ V30s: Gain 6
Low: 6
Mids 5
Treble 7
Presence 7

Triple Recto w/ Recto Cab: Gain 8
Low 5
Mids 6
treble 8
Presence 8

SM57 mic sim

Tube screamer on both. Lots of post EQing on the amp (it can post EQ )
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Last edited by DiSTuRBeD -26- at Aug 26, 2009,
Yes my guitar has been doing it a lot for the past few months, but I've never noticed it in my recordings until now. (Listen to the clips in my profile. All fine) I tried raising my Low e string to see if the pick ups were the problem, it helped, but not much. Just tried it on my other guitar. Same problem Is it my amp? I've tried every single setting I couold think of in the past hour and nothing worked. How do I check for neck warpage/if I need to adjust my truss rod?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Yes my guitar has been doing it a lot for the past few months, but I've never noticed it in my recordings until now. (Listen to the clips in my profile. All fine) I tried raising my Low e string to see if the pick ups were the problem, it helped, but not much. Just tried it on my other guitar. Same problem Is it my amp? I've tried every single setting I couold think of in the past hour and nothing worked. How do I check for neck warpage/if I need to adjust my truss rod?

im not exactly sure how to but you should try to bring your guitar to a pro shop at least once a year to check electronics and the like. its kind of expensive but if you want your guitars in good condition id do it.
strange! i find especially with those settings on line6 recording devices (i'm using a pod xt) the bass should be pretty tame.

how much post EQ are you using?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
about none. I fixed it though. A dehumidifier fixed it. and new strings. Check the clips out
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz