I'm looking for someone to evaluate a new carbon fiber electric guitar. I'd like to use someone who is well respected on this forum that can post their opinion when they are done. Please respond with names of folks you think would be appropriate.

Here is the guitar: www.compositeelectrics.com

Thanks
Larry
I've heard of carbon fiber bows for orchestral string instruments but never guitars.
It would definitely be awesome, comfortable, and light-weight, but i'm not so sure if it would sound that great
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Wait you need someone to evaluate it? If I get one for free then I can promise I will write a very detailed review about it.
Quote by pwrmax
Wait you need someone to evaluate it? If I get one for free then I can promise I will write a very detailed review about it.

Same here
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
Quote by pwrmax

This.

I have enough guitars... but if someone offered up a carbon fibre guitar, I'd snag it in a heartbeat.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Aug 25, 2009,
Need to fix the fret access though...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Seems cool.

I like carbon fibre as a material - so I find the look appealing. I think that I like the shape, but black can only go so far. Can it come in red?

However, I'm a fan of HSH or H/P90 over H/H. Stainless frets are a plus (I think, I don't kow much about frets). It is Master Vol/Master Tone, right? That's fine by me.

I'm curious about the neck. Care to describe?

Overall, I'd say it's probably a cool guitar - and I'd love to have a better look at it, but the internet can only offer so much I guess.
Well I'm reading the specs, and watching a video on it.

Seems pretty interesting actually. No need for a truss rod, amazing sustain, and isn't affected by its environment. I think if I had 600 bucks to burn, and wasn't saving for the Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR...

I'd totally get it.

Edit:
Nevermind. I wouldn't buy that specific guitar, due to its horrible accessability. The innovation itself is very, very cool. The shape of the guitar is the only problem.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Aug 25, 2009,
I've heard of CF guitars before... I don't remember what it's called but considering it was carbon fiber it sounded pretty alive.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i'd love to try one. wish i had a few hundred bucks sitting around! thats awesome. i don't see why everybody's complaining about inaccessibility... access to 22 of the frets is easy, and it might be a stretch but there's virtually no neck heel at all. i think it looks perfect
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I would love to review the guitar.

I am very interested to see how the Carbon Fiber would compare to a fine piece of wood.

PM me if you'd like me to try it- I've reviewed one of my older guitars on the site- links in my profile.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
It looks like it would feel cheap.

I mean it looks cool, but I can imagine holding one and thinking

"This doesn't belong plugged into my amp, it belongs covering the engine of some ricer import car, or in a hockey stick"

EDIT: wow thats a thin guitar.
Last edited by Tedward at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by Tedward
It looks like it would feel cheap.

I mean it looks cool, but I can imagine holding one and thinking

"This doesn't belong plugged into my amp, it belongs covering the engine of some ricer import car, or in a hockey stick"

lmao, the perfect comparison for a Canadian.
Quote by Shred-Hed
It looks like you cant adjust the intonation. Boo.

looks like it has a PRS style stoptail... easily replaced with a Tonepros adjustable.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm not really well known around here but I have an army of teenagers that I know that have lots of disposable income and follow my every move. If you sent me one to play and I like it, I could probably sell 4 or 5.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
If it feels like a graphite neck then I´m sure it feels great. I love Modulus graphite necks.
I know someone who has a couple of Composite Acoustics. The carbon fiber is interesting.. It doesn't sound like a traditional wood guitar unplugged of course, but it sounds amazing plugged in. They play really nicely and are way more durable and reliable than a wood instrument. Not for everyone, though. I wouldn't buy one.
I bet it'll match your rice rocket quite well.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
I think that asking this forum for users with a valued opinion would be a bad idea. I recommend you contact one of the "UG team members" that do all the high-quality reviews on this site (not to say that the community reviews aren't high quality, but seeing that "UG team" label usually is synonymous with a quality review).

You can contact the webmaster here. Ask to see if you could contact one of the UG Team members, and the webmaster could probably give you some contact information.

Really, all you are going to get in this thread is a bunch of people scrambling to suck up to you in order to get a free guitar.

Of course, I wouldn't mind reviewing the guitar for you.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke