right, this most likely is in the wrong place, but I feel homesick If I venture out of the pit too much.

anyway, I've been playing guitar for nearly 4 years making some progress, but minimal, and my problem is whenever I say "yeah, let's learn a new song" I get half-way through the tab or listening to it, and I just give up, because I'm not in a band, and don't need to learn it.

whenever I pick up a guitar I play exactly the same shizz.. run up and down "blues" scales "improvising" and then play some "classic" rock crap that I've been playing for the past four years.

what I want, is for you guys to help me set a/some goal/s, and be reinvigorated by the guitar, like I was when I first picked up the axe. I've been watching some videos tonight of amazing drummers and that has inspired me to try and apply myself, but I know that If I say this now, come tomorrow, I won't be bothered to do anything to help myself, on my own that is.

I'd say I'm intermediate to advanced level, just suffer from procrastination and laziness.

Please Pit, help me; oh and if other people are suffering this sort of feeling help those as well.. and if people have felt this, and come out of the other side still playing, could you give us all some hi-larious anecdotes of how you got through it.

inb4 cool story bro.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I bring you a moderate selection of varying goals.

Also, learn the entire Rush discography.

You'll have every genre under your belt and mad skillz to boot.
lock your guitar in its case for a few days, maybe a week.

When you start missing it heaps, come back to it.

Much better than the day to day mundane noodling plateau that lots of people eventually hit.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Try sweep picking, that took me a while then when I could finally do a scale I was so happy I learned other stuff too.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Yeah, sweep picking
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Fingerpicking > sweep picking
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Night_Lights
lock your guitar in its case for a few days, maybe a week.

When you start missing it heaps, come back to it.

Much better than the day to day mundane noodling plateau that lots of people eventually hit.

I've not picked her up for a few days, and the thought of me not playing it for a few more days is making me miss it already..

just a few of my fans..

Try learning I Cum Blood in it's entirety
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Learn to play guitar, drums, bass, piano, sing and learn how to be a recording technician. all very well.

those are my goals. they are keeping me busy.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Just Andrew
Fingerpicking > sweep picking

Hmm never thought of that Probally cause I just did it, Never sat down to learn it, just played a song and said hmm If i used my fingers it be easyer.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
bro, im exactly like you, i try to learn a song, then a technique or scale, swith it up so you dont get bored
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Try learning some shredding, sweeping, tapping, composing, and neo-classical stuff. That's what I did when I hit that slump
Quote by will123456789
I've not picked her up for a few days, and the thought of me not playing it for a few more days is making me miss it already..

Alright, on to plan B.

Learn Scarified.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Eh. I work through the tab and it goes smooth til I get to the solo. Depending on the difficulty of the solo is how long it takes me. Sometimes it takes me forever to master a song. If you've got soloing good, try working on other techniques. Best advice I can give.
F
U
C E N S O R S H I P
K
Same goes for me. I've been making up little riffs and practicing some sweep picking (Or starting to learn it, I should say), but I don't know. I'm not one of those people who lives and breathes guitar, I just enjoy it on most days. Some days I don't play at all.
When the fuck did forums start letting you use apostrophes in usernames?
Quote by Night_Lights
Alright, on to plan B.

Learn Scarified.

this, and learning more than just the intro
Quote by D&DLover
Try learning some shredding, sweeping, tapping, composing, and neo-classical stuff. That's what I did when I hit that slump

I very roughly know what neo-classical is.. could you elaborate hombre, 'cos this does sound like a good idea, and to try and get away from simple riff based songs.(and I can tap averagely atm, none of the other shizz well though.)

Quote by Frank Fury
Eh. I work through the tab and it goes smooth til I get to the solo. Depending on the difficulty of the solo is how long it takes me. Sometimes it takes me forever to master a song. If you've got soloing good, try working on other techniques. Best advice I can give.

lol, usually I can't even be arsed to learn the solo and just improvise it myself.. much easier

just a few of my fans..