I'm getting an H/S/H Ibanez and I'm playing indie, hard rock, and punkish stuff. I also have an Epiphone Les Paul I can work with.

Bands I'd like to at least come close too:
Guns N' Roses
The Hush Sound
Green Day
Blink 182
Steve Vai

Amp Details: Up to a $1000, can be raised if you can convince me. Gigging in small venues mostly, probably nothing bigger than a small restaurant or something. Tube amp preferable.

Pickups: Preferably no more than $150 a pickup, I prefer the bridge pickup to not pick up the attack of my strings too much.

I know this is a very very big variety of genres and sounds but I'd at least like to do them all "ok".
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
The Peavey JSX 212 is an extremely versatile amp- it's probably capable of all of the genres you described. A little above your budget, I think it's 1500 dollars.
So that isn't particularly helpful. But it's a very nice amplifier.
Generation 11. The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Social Experiment.[/B]
Bit too high. You can suggest amp heads too. I can probably get the speakers off this guy i know. Also my friend said he can get his hands on a marshall halfstack but he doesnt know the model number. Will any of those work? I dont think they would but yknow.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt