Well I want to make a song with a vibe similar to Phototropic by Kyuss, and I like to know what kind of scales or chords should I use to create that stoner sound, bout the effects I got it covered using some OD and Fuzz
let it all melt together, but still make a change noticeable
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
lots of open notes, 8th notes, fuzz, low tunings, like at least a step down. Play on the higher notes of the heavy strings. Build a solid groove.

Thats about it.

PS, do you have a bass tab for phototropic? if you do i would love you forever.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
C minor, lumpy rhythm-ed repetitive 4/4 riff in the lower half of the scale. Move to upper part of scale, maybe throw in 5/4 or 7/4 time, resolve to G major. Howzat for a plan?
Lay some eerie delay and reverb-soaked higher register parts over the top, remembering to leave plenty of space, maybe throw in some atonal moments...
If I need a bit of inspiration for this kind of thing, I listen to Zappa + Beefheart's 'Torture Never Stops' for an hour or so.
about 4 bowls of best stuff you can get, a two liter vanilla coke, a bag of pop-rocks, and and a bass.
Quote by thunderkix
about 4 bowls of best stuff you can get, a two liter vanilla coke, a bag of pop-rocks, and and a bass.

+420