Page 1 of 2
Hello Pit, Winter's coming up and I'd rather not ride my motorcycle around everywhere so today I went looking for cars. I found a few recent Mustangs that I really like but none except the one from Car Max have a warranty. And the Car Max one is only for 30 days.

My question is, how reliable are they and how much would your average repair cost? I just want to know if I should purchase the warranty since it's pretty expensive. If it's worth it though, I'll gladly pay the money. And are there any pros/cons I should know about?

Also if anyone has a recommendation for another car for under 20k US, maybe up to 25k, I'd like to hear pros/cons.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
BMW cuz it stands for Black Man Weiner
Quote by manmanster
+2381023810928391829387198273
Quote by resteaten

Maybe thats why I like to touch every BMW I see...
I've driven a 2008 and 2009 Mustang, and I didn't like them. Mustangs are overhyped and not really worth their cost to me.

What will you be using the car for? Normal day-to-day travel, etc.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE
I've driven a 2008 and 2009 Mustang, and I didn't like them. Mustangs are overhyped and not really worth their cost to me.

What will you be using the car for? Normal day-to-day travel, etc.

Pretty much normal day to day stuff, I only drove it for about 5 minutes but the sound system was better than the other cars I tried, particularly the Chevrolets, and I liked that. I might go try the 2010 model but I don't think it's much different other than a nicer interior. I can borrow a truck whenever for moving gear around so I'm not really looking for anything big.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Hello Pit, Winter's coming up and I'd rather not ride my motorcycle around everywhere

Pussy.

(/joking)

But srsly I wish I didn't have to put my bike up for a few months every year.

Yer lucky.
Quote by resteaten

HAHAHAHAHAHA. DUDE YOU SHOULD BE A COMEDIAN HAHAHA.

Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

i wouldnt recommend a mustang for winter, i friend of mine had one for 2 weeks and just from rain he lost control and hit a telephone pole and totaled it. but hes and experienced driver with sports cars, hes also owned a couple different corvettes and couple other mustangs and didnt crash those ones. but the mustang he totaled was an 02 or 03 i think so maybe they got better for winter driving but i doubt it
Quote by SmoothTrooper
i wake up every morning with a stiffy that could dent an Oldsmobile...and i know that everything is a-ok.

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Maybe we should have some kind of naked UG get together...

Imagine how horrifying that would be
Does it have to be a sports car?

If not, I recommend getting a New/CPO Honda Civic. It won't be very quick but it'll get you around reliably, include a warranty and is very customizable if you want it to look better.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman

If not, I recommend getting a New/CPO Honda Civic. It won't be very quick but it'll get you around reliably, include a warranty and is very customizable if you want it to look better.

No, I just haven't been around to the Honda dealer yet. I plan on going tomorrow or Friday to go check em out. So far I've been to the Chevy dealer, the Dodge dealer, the Ford dealer, Car Max and the Mazda dealer and my favorite so far was this used Mustang because it has a nice sound system and was pretty reasonably priced.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

2010 Camaro, hard top. 23k MSRP, not to mention fast and sexy as hell.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by mmolteratx
Pretty much normal day to day stuff, I only drove it for about 5 minutes but the sound system was better than the other cars I tried, particularly the Chevrolets, and I liked that. I might go try the 2010 model but I don't think it's much different other than a nicer interior. I can borrow a truck whenever for moving gear around so I'm not really looking for anything big.

You can ALWAYS change the sound system
Quote by mmolteratx
No, I just haven't been around to the Honda dealer yet. I plan on going tomorrow or Friday to go check em out. So far I've been to the Chevy dealer, the Dodge dealer, the Ford dealer, Car Max and the Mazda dealer and my favorite so far was this used Mustang because it has a nice sound system and was pretty reasonably priced.

You can have a good sound system installed into whatever you buy for <1000 bucks; spending money on a used car with no warranty just because it has a good sound system isn't a wise decision.

The WARRANTY is one of the most important things when buying a new/CPO car. You DO NOT want to fork out thousands for a car and then have to turn around six months later and a pay three or four grand in repairs.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Wulphy
2010 Camaro, hard top. 23k MSRP, not to mention fast and sexy as hell.

I test drove one today, I loved it but there's a 10-12 week waiting period on a base model which doesn't have as many features as the Mustang and I didn't like the center console, although the outwards appearance is much sexier IMO. I'm considering it but it isn't looking as attractive as other options like the Mustang.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Well the new mustangs aint really all that bad, there not the greatest but compared to the 90's model mustang there much more eye candy, but basicaly everything else is the same as the 90's models, still has the freaken weird dual overhead cam thing going on and the miles of plastic covering the engien making it almost impossibe to do any home maintance on it.

If your going to get a mustang get nothing less than a GT, the standard mustang is a peice of crap compared to the GT.

As for realibality, I'm just going to say its a ford, you dont expect much from them nowdays.

EDIT: BTW, just to clear something up, the new mustangs, corvettes, camaros, chargers, chevelles, and challengers are not sports cars. There muscle cars, they are ment for power and agressivness, not handeling.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Aug 25, 2009,
GM FTW

Seriously. The new Camaros crap all over the Mustangs in performance and looks.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by dudetheman
You can have a good sound system installed into whatever you buy for <1000 bucks; spending money on a used car with no warranty just because it has a good sound system isn't a wise decision.

The WARRANTY is one of the most important things when buying a new/CPO car. You DO NOT want to fork out thousands for a car and then have to turn around six months later and a pay three or four grand in repairs.

I actually didn't consider that I could just get one installed, I've been on a bit of a streak with not thinking things through lately. And I don't want to have to spend a bunch on repairs so I guess I'll make sure whatever I get has a warranty. Thanks for the help man.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by anorexorcist15
dam i thought u was talking about fender mustangs

I'm actually surprised no one has asked why I need advice on a horse.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Dude are you like, loaded?

Personally, if I had the money, I'd go for one of the new Camaros.

*drools*

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

go git a Prius

>.>
<.<

j/k just get a Camaro
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by valennic
Dude are you like, loaded?

Not particularly, my dad just helps me pay for stuff alot. I've gotta pay half the payment on whatever I get, the insurance, gas and food money. I should have around $300-$400 extra a month out of my paycheck after I make car and insurance payments.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by bodyheatseeker
Go buy something German.

I like yer avatar brah.

Today I came home from work and found my dad watching my Father Ted DVD's

I immediately went

Then I called him an "eejit"
I have a 1999 35th Anniversary Ed. Mustang convertible for sale...

<.<
>.>

Just saying.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by mmolteratx
Not particularly, my dad just helps me pay for stuff alot. I've gotta pay half the payment on whatever I get, the insurance, gas and food money. I should have around $300-$400 extra a month out of my paycheck after I make car and insurance payments.

Wow man, what do you do for a living?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. I wanted this, but got the Lancer ES instead... couldn't afford the ralliart
The new challenger is mad sexy... but I like my 1971 Gran Torino

That is, i will once i sell the mustang tou se the money to get my Torino suped...
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by valennic
Wow man, what do you do for a living?

I'm just a cashier. I make a bit over $800 a month after tax working part time. Half the payment on all of the cars I've looked at so far is around $200 and insurance is right around that as well.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
MUSTAINE?

I prefer the 80s model.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by resteaten

Judging from this statement, you are way to young to be on this site.
My 1965 Mustang Coupe should be done in a matter of months.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by mmolteratx
I'm just a cashier. I make a bit over $800 a month after tax working part time. Half the payment on all of the cars I've looked at so far is around $200 and insurance is right around that as well.

I prefer the 80s model.

Wow, I'm gonna be a cashier.

I could do a LOT with 800 bucks a month...

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by dudetheman

I think this was the best suggestion so far. If you really want a Mustang or Camaro, I would say go for it, but only if you feel it's a good and safe choice.
How about instead of being "that douchebag" you buy a relatively cheap regular, modest car.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
How about instead of being "that douchebag" you buy a relatively cheap regular, modest car.

Because he has more money than you, and wants to have a nice ride. Deal with it, poor person.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Page 1 of 2