Title says it all.

I've always avoided finding out but I'm trying to learn Uroboric forms by Cynic and there's alot of that in there.

So I'd just like to know the terminology please.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
They're a ghost note. It means that the note is barely audible or the author of the tab wanted to add his/her own notes to the tab.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
They're a ghost note. It means that the note is barely audible or the author of the tab wanted to add his/her own notes to the tab.

Weird

the tab I'm looking at has those but they're always an extension of the note before which led me to believe that it meant "hold these notes longer" or something.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I always thought that it ment that you can play it if you want to or not, like a opional note... I usually play it all so i dont worry about those things
Quote by DIFTWOOD
I always thought that it ment that you can play it if you want to or not, like a opional note... I usually play it all so i dont worry about those things
It can also mean this, I forgot.

I'm the opposite. Generally I ignore ghost notes.

Just listen to the song, and see if it's audible enough that you should play it. And see if the riff sounds the same if you add/exclude the ghost note(s).
Quote by DIFTWOOD

Same here, I always ignore the parentheses and it hasn't caused any problems so far.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Weird

the tab I'm looking at has those but they're always an extension of the note before which led me to believe that it meant "hold these notes longer" or something.

yes that is correct
especially for tabs copied from powertab files
it usually means that the note is held and kept ringing while another note is played at the same time

although once in awhile people use them for other reasons, such as octave harmonics and such