i am thinking about getting the peavey vypyr 30 watt and it says it is transtube.does that mean it is a tube amp or what?(sorry if this is a stupid question)
its an SS
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by ACES163
it trys too but its not very good....try a vox valvetonix

What!? The Vypyr series are amazing.

But yes, transtube is just a fancy term for the Peavey's technology they use in their SS amps.
Quote by ACES163
it trys too but its not very good....try a vox valvetonix

I sold a valvetronix to buy a vypyr. I honestly think that it sounds WAY better.
ok,i looked up the vox valvetronix sense it was suggested and now i am torn.so i need someone to lay it out for me to play it out.Setting aside opinion what is better the vypyr or the valvetronix?
I've never used the Valvetronix, but I like Vox. I own the Vypyr 15, and it's really nice. If you go to the tuner, all of the modelling is removed, letting you hear the amp itself. It does a decent job of emulating a tube amp.
Quote by brender
ok,i looked up the vox valvetronix sense it was suggested and now i am torn.so i need someone to lay it out for me to play it out.Setting aside opinion what is better the vypyr or the valvetronix?

Imo neither is better than the other - they are just voiced differently. It all comes down to personal taste. Try both of them out if you are able to.
Personally, I think that the Vypyr is better for metal, but that's just my ears. Some people will tell you that they think the Vox does metal better.

Like I said, its all up to you. If you can't try them out in person then watch as many demo videos as you can for both amps (avoid videos made by the companies themselves because companies tend to add a good bit of post-production EQ'ing to make their amps sound better).
if your looking for good tone get the vox but if your looking for effects get the vypyr