Page 1 of 2
My girlfriend has been doing it for a couple of months and says she's been feeling better than ever. So I thought maybe I'd give it a shot, and maybe get to spend some more time with her. Then I came across this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4rPpYLYq0

I've changed my mind. So any of you guys have any experience with Yoga? Would you recommend it?
Well for that week I did P90X, there was yoga one day.

I should probably start that again...
LARGE TEXT
My girlfriend does it too and she dragged me along a few weeks ago. Long story short, I strained my groin and decided it was a bad idea.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
no, but im not gay or pussy whipped.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Well wtf. I'm straight and I do it. Who the **** cares? It isn't gay. Most girls that do it are crazy hot too. Plus Paul Gilbert does it, Jordan Farmer, tons of guys.

And btw, I don't know what's up with that video, but it's not like that, and if you're really not going cause of that...wow.
Last edited by ToughGuy123 at Aug 26, 2009,
yoga is my passion, and has dramatically improved my life. (note the username)

that video is a mockery and puts a shame to yogas ancient origins.
that isnt what it is like in the least!!

i highly recommend you give it a chance. youll feel cleansed, honestly.

its many benefits include: paying more attention to your breathing which is vital to overall health, keep yourself more calm and toegether during stressfull situations, having an open mind and an open heart, feeling lighter and freer, have better posture which improves your core and makes you taller, becoming more flexible and balanced, being more compassionate and empathetic, making better eating choices, being more in tune with your body and appreciating the fact that you are alive, becoming fitter and toned, and just feeling overall enlightened. all this plus its great exercise.

this is the truth, not shallow ignorance which is what you encoutered.

**ALSO, doing it with your girlfriend will most definetley imrpove your sex life. watching eachother beautifully move into the poses will definetley turn you on, some are very sexual. and being more flexible helps in the bedroom as well!

yoga is universal, for everyone. try it and i know youll love it. practice regualarly and youll reap its lifelong benefits.
i do yoga all the time,
if you go to a gym or somewhere to do it and you know you aren't that good,
try bring a friend who sucks at yoga too,
it makes you both feel a lot less self-conscious and makes the whole thing more enjoyable

also remember that you have man parts,
so some stances are going to be more or less uncomfortable for you

do everything slowly and feel the way your muscles are stretching,
so that you don't pull anything

oh and this is just my preference but don't wear boxers when doing yoga
they limit your range of motion, and you'll end up with a big hole in the bottom
A girl in my Maths class does a lot of yoga.

Last week she was gone from class for a few days. She came back wearing a big-ass leg brace.

She says it happened during yoga. No thanks.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I don't because all the older boys will make fun of me and point and laugh while calling me "Yoga Kid."
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by gumbigirl
paying more attention to your breathing which is vital to overall health, keep yourself more calm and toegether during stressfull situations, having an open mind and an open heart, feeling lighter and freer, have better posture which improves your core and makes you taller, becoming more flexible and balanced, being more compassionate and empathetic, making better eating choices, being more in tune with your body and appreciating the fact that you are alive, becoming fitter and toned, and just feeling overall enlightened. all this plus its great exercise.
What a crock of shit

Yoga alone will not make you open minded, drive you to eat better, make you compassionate or empathetic, or change your worldly view, etc.

I don't practice yoga, I stretch fairly frequently and I've always been very flexible.
i did when i was deployed. i felt like an idiot doing it, but was impressed with the results and began to enjoy it after awhile. havent done it since though.

i bet im one of only a couple guys that are man enough to admit to it too... >.>
i do yoga type stretch's cause i need all the flexibilty i can get when doing ass to grass squats.
Stay Gold
Quote by RU Experienced?
What a crock of shit

Yoga alone will not make you open minded, drive you to eat better, make you compassionate or empathetic, or change your worldly view, etc.

I don't practice yoga, I stretch fairly frequently and I've always been very flexible.

hmm. ignorance. youve never practiced yoga, so you cant say that.

& it will not make you do those things, but it can inspire you. its a lifestyle change, and if you were open minded enough to attempt it youd understand.
Quote by gumbigirl

& it will not make you do those things, but it can inspire you. its a lifestyle change, and if you were open minded enough to attempt it youd understand.
Yeah I started when I realized I was stressed out all the time about stupid things and after a little while I was really relaxed all of the time. It made me a better runner too.
I do yoga 4-5 times a week. Keeps me toned and flexible.
Not good for weight loss though, there's not enough cardio to burn calories.
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Quote by gumbigirl

Someone's awful haughty.

I don't need to practice yoga to call you out on a BS claim.

Not everyone who practices yoga undergoes a complete lifestyle change. Open mindedness has nothing to do with it you arrogant prick.
Quote by ToughGuy123
Yeah I started when I realized I was stressed out all the time about stupid things and after a little while I was really relaxed all of the time. It made me a better runner too.

yess same here!!
just a few sun salutations (a series of poses that flow toegether) and i can run wayy farther..and i feel so much more in tune with nature.
Quote by gumbigirl
yess same here!!
just a few sun salutations (a series of poses that flow toegether) and i can run wayy farther..and i feel so much more in tune with nature.
Yeah. RUexperienced, it's okay to say you don't like it, and you think it makes you fruity (which it doesn't, you're just insecure) but when tons of people say the same things as this, it must be true.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Someone's awful haughty.

I don't need to practice yoga to call you out on a BS claim.

Not everyone who practices yoga undergoes a complete lifestyle change. Open mindedness has nothing to do with it you arrogant prick.

and its the mindless, shallow people like you who could actually benefit from yoga.
maybe youd overcome your insecurity, find peace withith yourself, and start treating people better.

& your right, it isnt possible that everyones undergoes a lifestyle change. but if you try it and love it, then you make a commitment to understand all its aspects, there is a possibility, but, again, this is something youd know nothing about.
lmao at the video
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by ToughGuy123
Yeah. RUexperienced, it's okay to say you don't like it, and you think it makes you fruity (which it doesn't, you're just insecure) but when tons of people say the same things as this, it must be true.

Show me where I said I dislike yoga or expressed that it's fruity. I never said it had no benefits, that would be stupid. You're clearly retarded if you think you know me based off two forum posts on the internet. Thanks for sharing your ignorance though.

Quote by gumbigirl
and its the mindless, shallow people like you who could actually benefit from yoga.
maybe youd overcome your insecurity, find peace withith yourself, and start treating people better.
Your ignorance is staggering.

Nice stereotyping though. I wasn't aware you knew me personally or how my relationships are with others.

& your right, it isnt possible that everyones undergoes a lifestyle change. but if you try it and love it, then you make a commitment to understand all its aspects,there is a possibility, but, again, this is something youd know nothing about.
Not everyone who tries and loves yoga makes said commitment. You're full of crap.
dude yoga is awesome, try it, it's great for you. I mean, how can it not be?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Show me where I said I dislike yoga or expressed that it's fruity. I never said it had no benefits, that would be stupid. You're clearly retarded if you think you know me based off two forum posts on the internet. Thanks for sharing your ignorance though.

Your ignorance is staggering.

Nice stereotyping though. I wasn't aware you knew me personally or how my relationships are with others.
Not everyone who tries and loves yoga makes said commitment. You're full of crap.
Oh man, you seem like such a douche bag.

Plus, when did I say I think I know you?
Last edited by ToughGuy123 at Aug 26, 2009,
ive always wanted to be able to suck my own ****.... maybe ill give it a shot

Quote by RU Experienced?
What a crock of shit

Doesn't everybody love a bit of pit ignorance?

Oh, no wait, that's hate[Know that I'm not overly serious.]

I see where you're coming from. But it's a simple fact that meditation and yoga have proven benefits (as you've kind of said).
Last edited by samoo at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by ToughGuy123
Oh man, you seem like such a douche bag.

Yet you're the one calling me insecure and making up statements.

Way to ignore my response by the way. Show me where I said I dislike and/or said yoga was fruity.

Edit^: Of course it has physical benefits, but she's touting all these ridiculous benefits from some pseudo-spiritual experience everyone who practices yoga will have. Not to say it doesn't help some people emotionally either.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by dudetheman
A girl in my Maths class does a lot of yoga.

Last week she was gone from class for a few days. She came back wearing a big-ass leg brace.

She says it happened during yoga. No thanks.

You should have said "you're doing it wrong"
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Way to ignore my response by the way. Show me where I said I dislike and/or said yoga was fruity.

Edit^: Of course it has physical benefits, but she's touting all these ridiculous benefits from some pseudo-spiritual experience everyone who practices yoga will have. Not to say it doesn't help some people emotionally either.
Because the first thing you said made you seem like a dick and if somebody acts like a dick, why would I be nice to them?
the argument goin on in this thread is very ammusing to watch

Quote by RU Experienced?

Your tone in the post was pretty offensive, though. It made you come off as a dick. That's what started this little flair, not because you disagreed, but because you were being an ass about it.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Quote by Shazazmic
Your tone in the post was pretty offensive, though. It made you come off as a dick. That's what started this little flair, not because you disagreed, but because you were being an ass about it.
Wtf at your sig. Paul Gilbert isn't dead...right?
Quote by Fenderhippie69
no, but im not gay or pussy whipped.

I along with many other guys I know do yoga. It's pretty common among athletes, it helps you out a lot and can be an even more intense workout than using free weights. I play college hockey, and it is amazing what adding yoga to a workout routine can do for your wellness.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Page 1 of 2