Hey UG,

So I found an awesome deal on a Jackson Warrior on craigslist, but the only problem is I'm tired of floyd roses and was wondering what the easiest way would be to go about taking off the floyd and installing a set bridge. I did some UG and google searching and only came up with people wanting to install floyds. Thanks for any advice
Thought of just blocking it? Why do you not like a Floyd? Does this one have a LFR or an OFR? Ya know, there's a BIG difference in the two.
Theres a thing called a "Tremol-no." http://www.tremol-no.com/

I'm looking at doing this, myself. It converts the guitar to a hardtail, but there is an option to have it in "dive only" mode. This allows different tunings and the stability of a hardtail, but also the coolness of divebombs.

It would be best to get it fitted professionally, though.
RIP Tom Searle.
Just find a FR that can accept strings with the ball still on, block it, and you're good to go.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by yourbelovednick
since no one else will actually answer your question...

Just giving TS some alternatives that maybe he has not thought about or know about. Which are also a weeeee bit cheaper than having someone fill the route. Unless he may be contemplating taking this on himself.
Quote by yourbelovednick

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm

He didn't mention which finish it has.

If it is a painted finish, then your method works. But, if it has a quilted finish such as this:

Then the Tremol-no and other methods of blocking are the best solution, as filling the gap would require a painted finish.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by madcowman19
taking off the floyd and installing a set bridge.

Harlington - Indie/Progressive/Hard Rock

Live Rig:
Gibson SG
Boss RT-20 Rotary Pedal
Fender Supersonic

There's a picture of it.

Quote by halo71
Thought of just blocking it? Why do you not like a Floyd? Does this one have a LFR or an OFR? Ya know, there's a BIG difference in the two.

I'm pretty sure it's an LFR, and it's not that I don't like em, it's just that I have an Ibanez RG350dx and it's got a floating trem, so I'm looking for something with a set bridge so I can mess around with different tunings and whatnot.

Quote by MH400
Theres a thing called a "Tremol-no."

I'll have to look more into blocking, and I've seen that tremol-no thing pop up in other forums, but I don't know anyone that's purchased one haha.

Quote by yourbelovednick

Wow, thank you so much nick! That's a really awesome guide.

Luckily the finish would be easy to replace. Seriously, thank you all very much for the information. I didn't even know I had this many options haha. I haven't done any sort of guitar mods myself but it seems like this one wouldn't be a bad place to start
Quote by yourbelovednick

Yes, I know what the OP said. As someone has already pointed out, it's an alternative. It's also a lot cheaper and easier.

If you were in his position, surely you'd want to know many option instead of just 1? personally, I would.

Well, now the OP has 2 possible methods, so it's upto him.
RIP Tom Searle.
halo71 & MH400,

sorry if i sounded like a dick at first. it's not like me to be that way. i'm sorry. you guys are ok in my book
Harlington - Indie/Progressive/Hard Rock

Live Rig:
Gibson SG
Boss RT-20 Rotary Pedal
Fender Supersonic