looks like it. nice catch

Edit. Better yet, go with the guy below me.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Last edited by selibucaz at Aug 26, 2009,
Looks fine, ask for a serial number if you're worried.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I would say good, 100 positive feedback
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
i asked about the serial number, he said the EE08 series. is that enough to determine the authenticity of the guitar? all i got out of that was that the guitar was made in '08.
Looks right, fretboard looks a little light for ebony, but apart from that looks exactly like the one my mums bf has.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Oh **** no. That is a clear cut fake. DO NOT GET THAT.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/31153-fake-epiphone-thread-ii.html

Serial numbers don`t mean **** unless you have Gibson run then through their database. It`s easy to fake a serial number for a guitar.
Last edited by The_Roth_KungFu at Aug 26, 2009,
Well yeah... But I would assume anyone that is worried about a sn would take the time to run it through.

I picked up an actual Gibson LP custom non chambered, long tenon for a bargin and a half and it's 100% real.

Deals can be had on the bay all the time. You just have to be smart about things.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Yes, yet you told him that this was fine, despite it clearly showing signs of being a fake.

-Oversized washers
-Pickguard screw too off to the side
-Knobs not parallel to the strings

Most Epiphone Custom fakes follow textbook flaws, and Ebay is notorious for being littered with them. Plus, just because a seller has a high rating doesn`t mean he or she isn`t pawning fakes. It just means the buyers don`t realize they`re being ripped.
Quote by The_Roth_KungFu
Most Epiphone Custom fakes follow textbook flaws, and Ebay is notorious for being littered with them. Plus, just because a seller has a high rating doesn`t mean he or she isn`t pawning fakes. It just means the buyers don`t realize they`re being ripped.

Despite the 100% votes, he's only ever obtained 14 votes. That's not saying a lot.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by aznguitarg0d
i asked about the serial number, he said the EE08 series. is that enough to determine the authenticity of the guitar? all i got out of that was that the guitar was made in '08.

He gave you the wrong serial number. The serial number is located behind the headstock (if you look at the 4th pic, its that writing on the back). Ask him for that one. Judging from the link to the fake Epi thread, the fact that he isn't giving you the real serial number and the price ($200 off a brand new guitar? Not really).

Also, after looking at the pics of the real thing, there is a little thing on the back of the headstock that, if I remember right, says Epiphone Custom or something like that. I don't see it on the Ebay one.

Just save the extra $200 and get a new one from GC or MF.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp