A couple days ago I bought a Sterling Audio Mic a little while back and Didn't realize that it needs an interface to power it. So I asked Guitar center many time and they said that a "Lexicon Alpha" should do it. So I got the lexicon and now I can't get the mic to work. I can record with the instrument in plug but not the mic. I have read all the things the program came with and still can't figure it out.

Any help?
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Yes the mic is a condenser mic and I don't know if the phantom power is on. I plug the lexicon into the computer via Usb. Then the light glows blue and I plug the mic into the back of the lexicon.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by seanington
Pretty sure the Alphas don't have phantom power man, I have a Lexicon Lamda and it does.

Hopefully the mic can run from a battery.

Why wouldn't It im pretty sure it does any why would it have a mic input but not work?

Edit: damit! It doesn't...those people at guitaer center... anyway what kinda mic would work?
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Last edited by King of King V at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by King of King V
Why wouldn't It im pretty sure it does any why would it have a mic input but not work?

Edit: damit! It doesn't...those people at guitaer center... anyway what kinda mic would work?

thing about guitar center/samash 60% have no idea about anything 20% have a little knowledge 15% know what theyre talking about and 5% are masters of their domain. honestly you have to find someone you trust in the store and only listen to them, theres one really cool guy in the audio department in my local samash and he knows his stuff (he is probabally happy when i come in because ive spent over 1500$ with him )

EDIT: forgot about your question anyways a dynamic mike will work, but i suggest you return that interface and let them know they were wrong
Last edited by MetalBass 77 at Aug 26, 2009,
What if I just return the mic and get some other one.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
You could always buy a phantom power source. They aren't that expensive.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join