I've had my iPod for almost a year now and I'm tired of it. It's a 4GB silver I think 4th generation and it starts having problems now right before the warranty is expired. What can I do w/ the warranty? Could I get a new one? It basically gets a random white screen so I have to turn it off w/ Menu and middle button. Idk about Apple's warranty but I from what I've been told it's a scam.

Does anyone have any suggestions for another mp3 player? I'm looking into lesser known brands since they tend to be less cheap about their products. I may also be looking for a much larger capacity like maybe 60GB+?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

The apple warranties are legit, my friend broke his ipod touch and apple sent him a brand new one
Hmm... I'll give it a shot then
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by Misticalz
Idk about Apple's warranty but I from what I've been told it's a scam.

Ha.

My friend left his iPod video with his calculator and it randomly fucked up. He sent it to Apple and he got a free iPod touch.

The iPod touch broke. He sent it back to Apple. They sent him another one.

Then he jailbroke his iPod touch. It screwed up in 3 weeks. He sent it to Apple. THey sent him a third one.

3 for the price of one? Sounds legit.
Quote by chaoticfables
Ha.

My friend left his iPod video with his calculator and it randomly fucked up. He sent it to Apple and he got a free iPod touch.

The iPod touch broke. He sent it back to Apple. They sent him another one.

Then he jailbroke his iPod touch. It screwed up in 3 weeks. He sent it to Apple. THey sent him a third one.

3 for the price of one? Sounds legit.

Lol, sounds good.

As far as zens go, I've heard the zen vision m is better than their more recent "x-fi" model. Just compare the user and professional reviews of the 2 products. the zen vision m is generally more favorable.

I have a 60GB model of the zen vision m and it's great; no problems with it whatsoever. You can probably find it relatively cheap nowadays as well.

I don't think you can wrong with either one of the zens though.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by ilikeguitar90
As far as zens go, I've heard the zen vision m is better than their more recent "x-fi" model. Just compare the user and professional reviews of the 2 products. the zen vision m is generally more favorable.

I have a 60GB model of the zen vision m and it's great; no problems with it whatsoever. You can probably find it relatively cheap nowadays as well.

I don't think you can wrong with either one of the zens though.

I looked into the X-Fi technology thing and it sounds really good, surround sound and higher resolution doesn't hurt neither. How much is the model you have?

Quote by Misticalz
I looked into the X-Fi technology thing and it sounds really good, surround sound and higher resolution doesn't hurt neither. How much is the model you have?

I was considering getting the x-fi before I got my ipod touch, so I've done a bit of research on it. I've read that the "x-fi" feature isn't all that it's cracked up to be and that you're better off disabling it when listening to music. Read amazon reviews and some professional reviews on the net. It still generally did quite well review-wise though.

Here are some reviews

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2008/07/creative-zen-xfi-review.php

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/creative-zen-x-fi/4505-6490_7-33158018.html

and amazon reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Player-Wireless-Built-Speaker/dp/B001CB0RT0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251270087&sr=8-2

The surround sound and higher resolution sound nice though.

I actually just looked up the zen vision m and seems like it may be discontinued

Taking that into consideration, I'd say just go with the x-fi (if 32GB is enough for you). creative make great mp3 players, and one thing I love creative products over apple products for are that you can make playlists on the go with creative, instead of having to make it on a computer with apple products. A big plus for creative in my book.

EDIT: In the first review I posted, the reviewer updated the article and claims that creative updated the firmware to make the x-fi sound better. I didn't know that before. My bad
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Aug 26, 2009,
Lol, cool. And yeah, 32GB is enough for me and at that price it isn't that bad. I don't like how iPods work w/ how you need to be on the computer you're songs are on in order to add to the playlist and stuff. I want to have multiple playlists and just so you know iPods do have an On-The-Go playlist feature which allows you to add the songs of your choice to a specific playlist while using it but it's only one playlist.

I may get it and if the X-Fi is bad I'll just disable it like you suggested, I read the headphones were nice, if not I'll just get a pair of skull candies and I'll be good for a while w/ it.

Woohoo, go my helpful suggestion! ha, i'm looking at getting a Creative myself that's why i suggested it.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Misticalz
Lol, cool. And yeah, 32GB is enough for me and at that price it isn't that bad. I don't like how iPods work w/ how you need to be on the computer you're songs are on in order to add to the playlist and stuff. I want to have multiple playlists and just so you know iPods do have an On-The-Go playlist feature which allows you to add the songs of your choice to a specific playlist while using it but it's only one playlist.

I may get it and if the X-Fi is bad I'll just disable it like you suggested, I read the headphones were nice, if not I'll just get a pair of skull candies and I'll be good for a while w/ it.

Ah yes I completely forgot to mention the headphones! They're supposed to be some of the best stock headphones out there, so that's a definite plus.

And you can make on the go playlists with the ipod??
I need to do some research (it's my first ipod and I've only had it for about 2 months, give me a break )
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by ilikeguitar90
Ah yes I completely forgot to mention the headphones! They're supposed to be some of the best stock headphones out there, so that's a definite plus.

And you can make on the go playlists with the ipod??
I need to do some research (it's my first ipod and I've only had it for about 2 months, give me a break )

Lol, well if you have it with you then go to songs and hold the middle button while a song is high-lighted. It should blink twice and then go to your playlist, go to the On-The-Go playlist and there should be your song

Quote by Misticalz
Lol, well if you have it with you then go to songs and hold the middle button while a song is high-lighted. It should blink twice and then go to your playlist, go to the On-The-Go playlist and there should be your song

Awesome thanks for that
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by ilikeguitar90
Awesome thanks for that

No problem