Alright it is almost September which means new products from apple and zune. I am looking on your opinion on which to buy

Plus for Zune- HD radio, easier interface, OLED screen, possibility of apps including xbl games, interwebz, better quality video, tegra battery, which means ****load of power and HD output.

Plus for 3g- Possibility of camera, which means pictures and maybe video, possibility of microphone which means more apps will work, possibility of OLED screen also, better speaker output and everything else the ipod touch already has.

I have been a Zune lover because of how easy it is to use, and it is much better quality, but i switched to the touch because of the apps and internet. I want to switch back but the 3g looks awesome too. Your thoughts?

Also don't turn this into a goddamn fanboy argument, ok, everyone has opinions.

Tl;dr New zune and ipod touch is coming out, which one should i get?
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Zune ftw.
Check reviews closer to the time
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Zune. just because i had 4 apple ipod's and they al died within 3 to 4 months. and i handled them with care. So i guess te overal build quality of the zune would be better. and it does video's better! So. zune all the way for me
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
most of my ipods/ zunes die within a couple months because of getting pushed in pools/ getting run over by cars/ being put in washing machine. but the main thing is the camera, if the ipod gets it, itll be a tough decision, but if it doesn't its an easy decision. Also, if the zune gets xbl games on it ill pretty much automatically get the zune. We'll see in a week
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Quote by stevve
You buy a new phone every year? **** you must be loaded.

Nooooooo, i never even had a phone. Zune is coming out with a new touch device, so im looking to sell my touch for it, but the touch is also coming out with a new one so i dont no which one to get
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Quote by chrispfried
Nooooooo, i never even had a phone. Zune is coming out with a new touch device, so im looking to sell my touch for it, but the touch is also coming out with a new one so i dont no which one to get

Oh mp3's I see. You get a new mp3 every year?Must be loaded.

I dunno Zunes seem to be decent quality and used to be a hell of a lot cheaper then ipod products, dont know bout anymore.
Quote by chrispfried
most of my ipods/ zunes die within a couple months because of getting pushed in pools/ getting run over by cars/ being put in washing machine. but the main thing is the camera, if the ipod gets it, itll be a tough decision, but if it doesn't its an easy decision. Also, if the zune gets xbl games on it ill pretty much automatically get the zune. We'll see in a week

Jesus, how many of the things do you get through? Do you eat?
im guessing its new or a prototype.

tool.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
the ipod touch 3G was a huge letdown. No camera/mic or OLED screen. They upgraded the processor and RAM, and that's pretty much it. They didn't even upgrade the battery though, so with the performance upgrades came lower battery life. Yes you heard me correctly; the 2G has better battery life than the 3G.

From a business standpoint, I can see why they gave the nano all the good stuff like camera and mic and didn't do anything with the touch. But the same time, I'm pissed that apple pretty much barely did anything for the "upgrade".

Depending on how the apps work/quality of the apps on the zune, I'm going to have to go with the zune hd on this one.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
I'm excited for the Zune HD. It'll be a while until I get one since I still have my 80GB, but oh well.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
iPhone 3g FTW.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
iPhone. Zune software has gone apeshit on all my friends that have one.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Wait for Zii Egg... srsly it's better.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
iPhone. Zune software has gone apeshit on all my friends that have one.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that too. There was the one night/day when everyone's zune just stopped working. just stopped. It was ridiculous.
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
Oh yeah, I forgot about that too. There was the one night/day when everyone's zune just stopped working. just stopped. It was ridiculous.

I'm sure **** like that wont happen if you were to apply your own firmware, like rockbox or something.
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/

That was a one-time accident because of some faulty coding. And it wasn't everyone's, it was a select few people with older ones.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
That was a one-time accident because of some faulty coding. And it wasn't everyone's, it was a select few people with older ones.

It was actually everyone with older ones, and either way, in my personal experiences I have found iPods to be easier to use, have better features, and overall just work smoother.

Go ahead, tell me my opinion's wrong.
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
It was actually everyone with older ones, and either way, in my personal experiences I have found iPods to be easier to use, have better features, and just overall just work smoother.

What I meant was that those people with older ones are only a select few of the total market.

And shut up, I didn't say anything about your opinion you conclusion-jumping ass.

These are your words:
tell me my opinion's wrong.

This is my mouth (not really):

Keep the former out of the latter.
Quote by dudetheman

Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Sep 14, 2009,
iPod
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
It was actually everyone with older ones, and either way, in my personal experiences I have found iPods to be easier to use, have better features, and overall just work smoother.

meh...I can understand ease of use and smooth interface...but better features? Ipods have always been criticized for lacking features compared to other mp3 players in the market. For example, the ipod classic had nothing on creative's zen vision M as far as features and overall specs go.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
I want to get a Zune HD, but that Zii Egg is looking good... I need something with a lot of memory though.
Well, the Zune HD comes out tomorrow. Decide fast.

And so you know, the Zune does have an App Store feature under "Marketplace" and a recently release promotional video by Microsoft says it will play 3D games (was always likely due to the merging of the Zune Store and the Xbox Live Marketplace).
Last edited by Seref at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by chrispfried
Alright it is almost September which means new products from apple and zune. I am looking on your opinion on which to buy

Plus for Zune- HD radio, easier interface, OLED screen, possibility of apps including xbl games, interwebz, better quality video, tegra battery, which means ****load of power and HD output.

Plus for 3g- Possibility of camera, which means pictures and maybe video, possibility of microphone which means more apps will work, possibility of OLED screen also, better speaker output and everything else the ipod touch already has.

I have been a Zune lover because of how easy it is to use, and it is much better quality, but i switched to the touch because of the apps and internet. I want to switch back but the 3g looks awesome too. Your thoughts?

Also don't turn this into a goddamn fanboy argument, ok, everyone has opinions.

Tl;dr New zune and ipod touch is coming out, which one should i get?

wait for the release and see which one gets better reviews, then decide
zune hd imo. the only thing i dont like about the zune is the fact that theres a lack of car adapter kits available (as in none). other than that, love it.

id get an HD but ive got alot of music and hate having to search through it all and pull out only 8 or 16gb worth...
Quote by jettzypher
zune hd imo. the only thing i dont like about the zune is the fact that theres a lack of car adapter kits available (as in none). other than that, love it.

id get an HD but ive got alot of music and hate having to search through it all and pull out only 8 or 16gb worth...

16G/32G, not 8G/16G
Quote by jettzypher

You can buy adapters for any USB device for car charging. The Zune HD is also 32GB and way cheaper than the equivalent iPod.
Quote by jettzypher

Yes there is, I have one. There's also plenty of universal ones on the market that plug into the headphone jack.
Quote by dudetheman