Hey guys, currently I have a classical guitar and I'm looking to go get myself an acoustic (which from my understanding is a classical guitar that can plug into an amp, please correct me if I'm wrong) with a max price of AU$1000. Could you guys please recommend some nice ones?

Thanks in advance
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
1) Erm an Acoustic guitar just means that the guitar can support itself volume wise without an amp using built in acoustics in the body... Therefore your classical guitar already is a type of acoustic guitar.
2) You can plug in some acoustic guitars into an amp- but these are called electro-acoustic or some people call them semi-acoustic guitars, you do get classical guitars that do this...
3) Classical guitars differ from what most people call an accoustic guitar by the type of strings that are used and usually classicals don't have a cut away neck but some do... Classical guitars use Nylon strings, "Acoustic" guitars use Bronze wound or Steel.
4) If your looking for an Acoustic guitar that can plug into an amp I'd recommend the Ibanez Talman series, It's pretty perfect for everything I've ever needed acoustic wise and it only cost me just under two hundred GBP...
5) However, if your looking for a classical guitar that can be plugged into an amp I'd do some more research as to the best brands...

Hope that helped!
Quote by hawk_kst
1) Erm an Acoustic guitar just means that the guitar can support itself volume wise without an amp using built in acoustics in the body... Therefore your classical guitar already is a type of acoustic guitar.
2) You can plug in some acoustic guitars into an amp- but these are called electro-acoustic or some people call them semi-acoustic guitars, you do get classical guitars that do this...
3) Classical guitars differ from what most people call an accoustic guitar by the type of strings that are used and usually classicals don't have a cut away neck but some do... Classical guitars use Nylon strings, "Acoustic" guitars use Bronze wound or Steel.
4) If your looking for an Acoustic guitar that can plug into an amp I'd recommend the Ibanez Talman series, It's pretty perfect for everything I've ever needed acoustic wise and it only cost me just under two hundred GBP...
5) However, if your looking for a classical guitar that can be plugged into an amp I'd do some more research as to the best brands...

Hope that helped!

It most certainly did, I've been in the dark about all this for quite some time and its good to have it cleared up.
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.