hi

so basically ive started writing my songs for my band and my drummer complaining because there never the same amount off beats per minute the whole song. i dont know alot about the technical side of music and so i dont know how i can make it the same bpm all the way through, i know its important to have so how do you do it?

thanks
Play with a metronome? I don't fully understand this question, perhaps you've written the song with gaps in the riffs and are finishing bars/phrases to early?
Your drummer shouldn't complain, tempo changes are good. If there aren't too many of them, of course...

BPM = Beats per minute, used to define tempo.

it could also be that you have a ****ty rhythm of yourself without the drummer and therefore can't keep tempo...
get a metronome if you can't keep time. If you mean that you have too many tempo changes between parts of a song, if it sounds good it's good otherwise it's not, we can't help you write a song
If you're finishing a measure too early or something as mentioned above then write it out on sheet music to see your problem(s). Tempo changes shouldn't be a problem unless it's like 120 to 100 to 140 to 103 to 120 or something all in a matter of a few measures. (Obvious right?) But if it's like just simple tempo changes like for your verses, chorus, etc. and your drummer has a problem with that, then he needs to open his mind some.
well whats hes saying is in the intro its 137 beats per minute then in the verse its changes to 156 (i think) but that kind of thing and hes told me thats a problem i need to try and fix so
Quote by notsominidude
well whats hes saying is in the intro its 137 beats per minute then in the verse its changes to 156 (i think) but that kind of thing and hes told me thats a problem i need to try and fix so

Tell him that's how the song goes and he'll just have to deal with it. To play to a metronome though, you'll need a click track rather than just a metronome; google "tempo map".
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by notsominidude

And this is why guitarists hate drummers. Cause either the drummer is right or isn't good enough and is too stubborn. (In my case I'm lucky to have a drummer that is right)

Tell him that's how it goes. If he can't figure it out, then screw him. Simple as that.
Definitely tell your drummer to loosen up if its a matter of chorus and verse having different tempo. 1 straight BPM thru the whole song is just... plain