I thought I'd post a link to my cousin's myspace page. His name is Ryan Taylor, and he's a 24 year old musical virtuoso from south Georgia. A little background info, he found an old beat up fender strat clone in his attic when his family was moving when he was around 10 years old and taught himself to play. Since then he has evolved as a musician and become a bona-fide virtuoso.

He has never had any kind of professional instruction, but wrote and recorded the Vocals, lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass parts on his album. He wrote the drum parts but had my friend record them to keep a steadier tempo.

Anyway, if you guys get bored give his myspace a look. I will tell you beforehand that the lyrical content of his music is religious, so please no anti-religious comments. I'm really proud of him, and I hope that I can be half the guitarist he is one day.

Ryan Taylor Myspace

Spiritual suicide is my favorite btw.

PS.-I forgot to mention that he recorded, mixed, produced, and mastered the album in a 10x15 office room in his backyard with his own equipment in a rigged up studio. That may be the most amazing thing about him.
Quote by RobbieG.
I usually just lurk, but I think this sounds really good!
Had to reply

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, this guy really lives and breathes his music. He's literally been working on this album for years, and I was a bit skeptical, but when I heard it I was truly blown away. The only problem is that I think his lyrical content might be a bit too strong and is a turn off to some people. That's what he believes in though, and I have to respect that.
I cant get past thew fact he looks like the accidental lovechild of Zack Efron and Even Stone. Not my thing but for a backyard recording, it's pretty quality

edit: rofl his myspace and website are pretentious as f**k
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, RATHER EMAIL MY SITE
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by On Winds of Plague
The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
Last edited by Mr. Hand at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by Mr. Hand
I cant get past thew fact he looks like the accidental lovechild of Zack Efron and Even Stone. Not my thing but for a backyard recording, it's pretty quality

edit: rofl his myspace and website are pretentious as f**k

haha, be nice. Yeah, he's really not like that really, but he was kind of trying to seem like he'd been there before, ie an experienced musician, not like a meek young guy trying to break out.
i don't mean pretentious in a musical sense... i mean in a holier-than-thou sense, which is pretty much NOT up for debate.

GOD SENT ME TO SAVE YE SINNERS
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
Quote by Mr. Hand
i don't mean pretentious in a musical sense... i mean in a holier-than-thou sense, which is pretty much NOT up for debate.

GOD SENT ME TO SAVE YE SINNERS

Eh, welcome to religon. It's not really my thing, but if he wants to use his music to convey that message, whatever, I try not to judge him based off of that, it was how he was raised. To be honest when I listen to any music I don't pay the lyrics any attention, I'm more focused on the actual music. I was hoping some of the folks here might be the same way and just listen to the music and comment on that.
Oh, I did listen to the music, but its hard to get past someones personality traits. I mean, coming off like that probably isn't "all-in-good fun". Yeah, it's how he was raised, though its going to be a deterrent to more than a few people is all i'm saying. it's for criticism as an artist as a whole, I gave my opinion on the music, now i give my opinion on his person

I'm not talking about the lyrics, and its foolish not to listen to some. there are a good deal of bands who write very insightful lyrics
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by Mr. Hand
Oh, I did listen to the music, but its hard to get past someones personality traits. I mean, coming off like that probably isn't "all-in-good fun". Yeah, it's how he was raised, though its going to be a deterrent to more than a few people is all i'm saying. it's for criticism as an artist as a whole, I gave my opinion on the music, now i give my opinion on his person

I'm not talking about the lyrics, and its foolish not to listen to some. there are a good deal of bands who write very insightful lyrics

Fair enough, constructive criticism is always a good thing. Thanks for your input. That's one thing I'm afraid of, is that he's going to have to rewrite some of the songs in order to connect with more than just his very small target group, and I don't know how willing he is to do that, he's really intense and passionate about what he writes songs about. I still think he's an awesome guitar player though haha.
The style of the music really didn't consolidate that. He could always play some Christian shredz. Like as an independent songwriter by himself, it's decent. Not ORIGINAL, but better than a lot of stuff on here. But yeah. Unless your at his shows, explaining everything to his critics, he's bound to gain a few
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com