Right now I'm stuck with a crappy Squier Strat, and I'm looking for a new guitar.
I'm really drawn towards the Jackson DK2. It's like $700 with a case.

I've tried it in the store, but not through an amp. Is it any good?
If its one with the proper seymour duncans you wont be dissapointed
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Quote by vegetable-jim
If its one with the proper seymour duncans you wont be dissapointed

True. $700 with case, kinda expensive tho.
i've heard nothing but good about those jacksons. as long as it has the SD pups and OFR, it will be awesome. but do try to test it through an amp to make sure its for you.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
The DK2 is a fantastic guitar. You get Japanese build quality in a price range where most other companies are building their guitars in Korea. The Seymour Duncans are very good pickups, and the JT580LP licensed Floyd is solid and dependable. The neck/fretboard play nicely and fret access is good.

One minor drawback to bear in mind are that the neck heel is a little blocky. However it doesn't really affect the playability, I suppose I just consider it to be a drawback because other companies such as Ibanez make much more ergonomic bolt on neck heels, and i see no reason why Jackson can't do the same. Also, the fact that the fretboard inlays are MOTO plastic rather than MOP annoys some people, but that really should be secondary to playability, and these guitars play very nicely indeed.

I don't personally have the DK2, I have the DK2M variant which is the same except with twin humbuckers and a maple fretboard, and I love it.

[/Jackson fanatic]
When you tune a string at the head on a JT580LP equipped DK2, do the other strings go out of tune slightly?
Quote by stodge
When you tune a string at the head on a JT580LP equipped DK2, do the other strings go out of tune slightly?

With the locking nut screwed down or loose? If nut is loose then yes the other strings will go out of tune.
Quote by stodge

Yes but unless you're making big changes it's not much of an issue and the Jackson LFRs seem to have awesome fine tuner range in my experience.
FWIW, a Jackson Dinky is the only guitar I will probably ever play. The main reason is because of the smaller body and comfortable neck. After you get used to a Jackson neck and Dinky body, just about every other guitar you pick up feels like a gigantic bass.

Right now I have three DX10D's. Two of them have a DiMarzio Super Distortion and PAF combo and the third has a Fred and PAF combo. The Duncan Designed HB103's that come in the DX10D's are horrible and muddy. I'm not big on Seymour Duncan pickups or EMG's so getting an X series Jackson with the Duncan Deisgned pickups and putting in DiMarzio's was the best option for me. Well, that and the fact that I like the reverse heastock on the X-series. I just think it looks cooler and is easier to tune with the tuners facing down.