yes... ANOTHER radiohead cover, its sitting on my profile and it should be uploaded by now.

i performed the vocals, 1/2 of the backing vocals (which don't stand out too well in the mix), and the drums were done on an electric kit. i mixed it all too.

my friend played piano and did the other 1/2 of the backing vocals, besides all that, the rest is programmed in.

...so yeah, tell me what you think.
Strengthen your falsetto, and lighten your tone, it's a bit too harsh for this song right now. I mean, you've got a good voice, and you know how to use it, so I'm not going to give a cookie-cutter-critique. Try to use less vibrato on the choruses, Radiohead is very droney. Try using falsetto for the "Agaiiin" bits in the first couple of choruses, that'd give it better dynamic, so when you actually start belting it, the effect is way more powerful. For the bridge, really belt out those notes. Put some oomph behind them, y'know? If you fix all this, it can make an okay cover into a great one.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189659
Thanks for the crit man, i really needed it. Anyway, you didn't try to copy Radiohead too much, at least i didn't think so. You've got very natural, flowing singing voice and it shows alot. I kind of agree with Bulzebe in some area's but I don't really have any singing experience myself, so it's really hard for me to make a crit yours... Anyway, you've made a terrific cover. So, good job.
This song transfers really well onto piano. I might have a look into covering this too

Actually, I have to say I like your cover of the song better than the original! I cant explain it properly, but your cover has this certain "feel" that is completely different to the Radiohead version, and I just like that "feel" better. Corny I know, but I cant explain it any better

I also liked how you made the song your own.
Quote by Bulzebe
Strengthen your falsetto, and lighten your tone, it's a bit too harsh for this song right now. I mean, you've got a good voice, and you know how to use it, so I'm not going to give a cookie-cutter-critique. Try to use less vibrato on the choruses, Radiohead is very droney. Try using falsetto for the "Agaiiin" bits in the first couple of choruses, that'd give it better dynamic, so when you actually start belting it, the effect is way more powerful. For the bridge, really belt out those notes. Put some oomph behind them, y'know? If you fix all this, it can make an okay cover into a great one.

Covers do not need to sound exactly the same as the original song to be great. Some of the greatest covers sound barely anything like the original. Its all personal taste and style.
Awesome! I really like it. On a couple of parts I think you tried to use a little bit too much vibrato in your voice, but if you got that under control it would sound really great. I especially like the tone of the piano. What did you use to record it?

Great job!
thanks for the feedback, like some of you may have noticed I wasn't exactly going for the same sound as the original. I slowed down the tempo a bit, and used the piano as the driving force for the song, which I love. I also have a little dislike in his singing in this song because he comes off very fragile, where as I felt like it needed a more dramatic tonal quality to it. I agree with amarath_todd in that a lot of great covers are quite different to the original, which was the angle I was going for.

Vocally, I have been trained classically (still am taking lessons) and have discussed my vibrato with my teacher, and she believes that its a perfectly fine vibrato, and I like it too (though it could use some smoothing out).

the piano is recorded via MIDI into protools and uses a plugin that comes with it called mini grand. its pretty awesome.

thanks for the feedback guys!
This is great, it's hard to know what to say other than you'd either like this or you wouldn't sorta thing. I know UG wanks up the quality but my only suggestion would be to make the mix "wider" somehow but it does open up as it goes on. That's if it isn't just UG compressing it OTT.

Hope this helps ya. I was sort of waiting to hear a violin or something too, on another note.

Cwit 4 cwit? If you like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJhBEmJ14J8&fmt=18

Only been daring to sing for a very short amount of time if that's a reasonable excuse if you dislike it.