i am a beginner to soloing..and is practising my fingers..those 1234 exercises u know, and i found it hard to control my little finger especially when it is the first finger to tound a upper or lower string, is it normal? can it be overcomed by practice? thanks
yes just practice it takes a little bit of time to get it strengthened
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
yeah, it'll come by practice, that's what the exercise is for (ok, it's also for finger control and all that..), so yes, you'll overcome it
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

yup, try using it for stuff you would normally use other fingers for to build up its strength

practice lots of pull-offs and hammer-on's with it to
thats normal as a beginner that fingers one of the weakest, just keep doing exersizes like 1,2,3,4,....1,4,2,3....

theres another one (more advanced) ill do fingering (lol) underneath...

finger.1,2,4,1,3,4**

**with the fingers its
1- index finger
2-middle
3-ring-
4-pinky

and

PRACTICE WITH A METRONOME not a Metro gnome.. theyre totally diffrent , metro gnomes bite.. metronomes give you a beat for you to keep in time with.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Aug 26, 2009,
here are my foundings after some days of painful 1234 exercises, maybe if you guys dun mind please comment on them:

1. it is not just about pressing the string correctly, leaving the string correctly is also important, otherwise you got noise.

2. fast is not fast, smoth is fast, let the mindset be accomodated to the fret and the feeling of touching strings and the ways you touch them , you can be fast naturally.

3. take the opportunity to practise using pick too, try to play the smallest hearable sound, feel the pick.

4. cellus on finger tips are not for showing off, they just block the touching sensation of your finger tips.