Hey UG I have an opprotunity to buy an AT-100 for $300 I have heard horror stories about inferior parts in the amp. But need a 100 watt head to keep up with the other guitar player he's using a Carvin V-3 anyway would like some input from you guys that have had them and what kind of problems you had and if they could be repaired
thanks
I think the problems were only with the first run. I had one and it was fine.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
I had the at212 combo, which I believe is the at100 equivalent. Something in the transformer went bad in mine. It took nearly 2 1/2 months to get the part in from b-52. No communication. I had to provide the receipt to show that I purchased it new before they sent out anything, as it sounded like they wouldnt send it out had I gotten it used. I had to call guitar center, track down the guy a bought it from and have him fax me a copy of it so I could send it to them. Worst customer service ever.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Quote by CkY freak
I had the at212 combo, which I believe is the at100 equivalent. Something in the transformer went bad in mine. It took nearly 2 1/2 months to get the part in from b-52. No communication. I had to provide the receipt to show that I purchased it new before they sent out anything, as it sounded like they wouldnt send it out had I gotten it used. I had to call guitar center, track down the guy a bought it from and have him fax me a copy of it so I could send it to them. Worst customer service ever.

this is standard practice, it should not supprise you at all. Warentees are largely intransferable, meaning they stop at the person who bought it new.
By the time it had tore up, it had been probably a year over warranty. Also, this was not a FREE part they were sending. It cost my repairman money. Warranty means (at least any other time I've used it) you should get parts/replacement free of charge. When my b-52 tore up the first time under warranty, I got a free replacement. It was not a cheap part either. I remember the repairman telling me it would be well over $100 for the part. So if they were going to charge for the part anyhow, it didnt matter if I got the amp through somebody else or not. Is not sending the part you are selling to somebody standard practice? I think not. However, since b-52 is the worst company to ever deal with, the repairman did NOT charge me for the parts OR the labor, and now the shop will no longer take b-52 products.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100