Hi all,

I have recently tried to put together some pedals for gigs so i could use other people combos through 1 clean channel when we werent headlining. However I cant seem to get any sound/tones that I think are comparable with my marshall head.

I play Punk Rock
OD-3, BD-2, Marshall JH-1, Cry baby Wah (and a metal core for more heavy solos but dont like it so will prob return it)

So my question is, can you get a good pedal setup through only a clean channel?
If so...
1.what would you reccomend I add to my pedals (ive been told a delay is essiental) but what else?
2. In what order and how to use the pedals, ie use the BD-2 or OD-3 as a booster maybe?

Or should i just use the pedals with my crunch/overdrive channells on my amp?

Sorry for being such a noob with this but any advice is appreciated.
Eh, I think you should stick to your amps OD. Boss is hit and miss, so don't rely 100% on them always. But, they do make a great delay pedal, DD7. I used to have CarbonCopy, but DD7 is much more straightforward. I'd get that for delay.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
^ I'd think a CC would be more "straight forward" than a DD7...

Define "punk rock". Johnny Thunders/Richard Hell? Dead Boys/Clash? Bad Brains/Minor Threat? Blink 182/Green Day? What exactly do you mean?
Well, I meant.. I mean, you can understand how it works pretty fast, and has seperate channels for seperate delay times, and then you can customize them, too.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Oh, I guess you could describe that as more user friendly. The CC is a very simple pedal, and its not hard to operate at all. You press it and instant delay and there is no need to set it up really.

Not saying the DD-7 is complicated.

This is a stupid discussion
Ha, yeah, sorry man.
Anyways, I think you're underestimating the effects of pickups on your tone. Check that out, I'd reccommend.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
1.what would you reccomend I add to my pedals (ive been told a delay is essiental) but what else?
Nothing is 'essential' when it comes to pedals it depends how you want you to sound. Personally I don't think delay is essential, it sounds nice but for my uses buying a pedal isn't worth it at the moment. Just go out and try stuff. Chorus is a good effect as well if you want to thicken your tone up a bit.

2. In what order and how to use the pedals, ie use the BD-2 or OD-3 as a booster maybe? Or should i just use the pedals with my crunch/overdrive channels on my amp?

If your head has a decent OD channel then use that. However if you're looking for something different maybe you could run the BD into the OD like you said. The jackhammer however I'm always wary of because unless you find that one exact setting that you like it can sound really crappy.

What Marshall head is it that you have?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

AMPSL 50,
In terms of sound think Distillers and Guns n Roses love child.

thanks for the feedback.

I was happy with the OD3 sound, but that was it.

another question is mixing my pedals with the amp crunch? Where is it best to plug in ie post or pre amp?

Im a big fan of pick up selection, i swap and change between most songs for different tones especially for kick ass solos. Im a humbucker man

again thanks for baring with me!
Quote by rossiniyoung

another question is mixing my pedals with the amp crunch? Where is it best to plug in ie post or pre amp?

Im a big fan of pick up selection, i swap and change between most songs for different tones especially for kick ass solos. Im a humbucker man

again thanks for baring with me!

Typically, people will put time based effects in the effects loop (preamp send -> delay/chorus/phaser/flanger -> poweramp return) and most other things in front of the amp (guitar -> overdrive/distortion -> wah -> Whammy -> phaser can go in front of the amp too, as can delay if you don't use amp distortion -> amp)

Of course, it's all up to you as to where you want your effects to go. I experimented alot before putting them in one set order.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??