OK, I play in Drop C with my Ibanez RG2EX1. Whats extremely odd, is there is HUGE bass spikes on my low E string. Like every string is fine and then the Low E sounds like the bass is dimed and then some. But the part thats wierd, is it only does it on certain frets. It only does it on palm mutes on my 7th 8th and 9th frets. What the hell is going on??!
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
What string gauge are you using? I'm just thinking that if it's too light, you might get some weird 'floppy' whacking sounds when you hit the fret which might cause a spike.

Tbh that doesn't sound likely though; do you have your eq tweaked right? What happens when you take out a bit of bass? Your amp in good condition, etc? Cable fine?
^The strings are pretty light for drop C#, .49-.10, but I tried it on my other guitar, .54-.11 and it had the same problem. Trust me, my Vetta is tweaked PERFECTLY. I've tried everything you can think of on the amp. I might give another cable a shot. Hadnt thought of that...

Ill edit with a clip

EDIT: http://www.filedropper.com/zxhbfgx
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Last edited by DiSTuRBeD -26- at Aug 26, 2009,
Well if it's doing the same on both guitars, I assume that the guitar is not the problem and it's something you're running it through that is causing the problem - possibly cable, possibly amp, possibly any stompboxes/your POD if you run through that into your Vetta. Take a piece out at a time and attempt to locate the source of the fault, basically :/
^The only thing betweem my guitar and amp is my cable. Which I just tested, and is not the problem. At one time, (many, many, months ago) I had both my guitars tuned down WAY too low for their string gauge. Do you think, the truss rod is the problem? Or maybe I have neck warpage? They are both bolt on necks btw.

edit: just tried on another amp. Same problem. It is most definetely not my amps.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Last edited by DiSTuRBeD -26- at Aug 26, 2009,
I dunno man, I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel of ideas, I'm stumped.

Maybe another part of the guitar is resonating at the same frequency, causing the bass to rise - springs, trem, do you have?
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Aug 26, 2009,
I have an Ibanez RG2EX1 with a trem similar to a Strat I guess. I wouldnt know what to do with the springs and screws, except for raise the action.

^Checked the noise gate

Do you guys know how to see if my Truss rod/neck warpage is out of whack?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
put the bottom of the guitar on the ground look down the neck on the strings side and see if its warped.. that wouldnt cause it though idont think.
Well I'm really ****ed then because I've tried everything you can think of, and NOTHING makes this problem go away. Anyone heard of anything likw this before?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz