Hi, when I turn on the distortion on my amp, on certain notes, they buzz and the amp makes a strange noise.... did I blow my amp, or is it just som adjustments to do ?
my amp is a Marshall avt 150h with a 4x12 cab
try your valves first and then try getting it serviced i have the avt 100 combo and nothing like thats ever happend
If you had an audio clip of the noise it would help, right now your description is a little vauge, but one thing you could do is check your guitar and see if the truss rod needs any adjusting, if thats off it can make a buzz.
Quote by adambauman31
check your tubes

It's an AVT. There's only one.

Is it working fine on the clean channel? Is the problem only at certain volumes? Sounds like it could be a speaker problem.
Quote by D.I.R.T.
If you had an audio clip of the noise it would help, right now your description is a little vauge, but one thing you could do is check your guitar and see if the truss rod needs any adjusting, if thats off it can make a buzz.

Its, like when i play on my 7 string, the lowest notes, all the way to the A on the 3 lowest string , creates a big BUUUUMMMM sound for some reason... I did forget to take out the power cable this summer, when it was a storm....
Quote by Sweepie
Its, like when i play on my 7 string, the lowest notes, all the way to the A on the 3 lowest string , creates a big BUUUUMMMM sound for some reason... I did forget to take out the power cable this summer, when it was a storm....

Cheap/ripped speakers most likely - if it's the AVT cab, they're absolute junk.
Quote by kyle62
It's an AVT. There's only one.

Is it working fine on the clean channel? Is the problem only at certain volumes? Sounds like it could be a speaker problem.

yeah, its fine on the clean channel, but on the OD2, and when I turn on my Boss ML-2, the sound comes !
Quote by kyle62
Cheap/ripped speakers most likely - if it's the AVT cab, they're absolute junk.

It is I think, I bought it used from a local guy, only 6500 norwegian kroner, which is prob 1000 bucks ++
It could be just speaker distortion from the bass...ie. too much bass through too little a speaker or something like that.
Check your tubes.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Try changing your strings.
In the 22nd century, how many guitarists is needed to replace a light source?

Five. One to actually do it, and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.

Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1
Quote by IsmokeDope
Try changing your strings.

Changed them yesterday, I've had this problem a while