I've looked at a lot of sites and whatnot but the prices really vary.

I just want to know how much I need to save up. I'm saving for one in trans-black
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
anywhere from 1,900 to 2,500 depending on the finish

EDIT: I'd say from between 2,000 to 2,200 for the trans black
Quote by Killedelphia19

Okeydokeys

Let's say I want it in transparent black

(I just need an actual price because I have to add in the cost of new pups I plan on getting for it)
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Killedelphia19

EDIT: I'd say from between 2,000 to 2,200 for the trans black

Alrighty then

Thanks a lot bro
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
why spend that much and get new pickups for it? just get the jackson wrmg in trans black for like £600-£700 and upgrade from there instead of spending double and only gaining the 'made in usa', all jackson above £500 are built very good (except maybe signatures but i dont know)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
why spend that much and get new pickups for it? just get the jackson wrmg in trans black for like £600-£700 and upgrade from there instead of spending double and only gaining the 'made in usa', all jackson above £500 are built very good (except maybe signatures but i dont know)

I'm saving for the gusto bro.

I told myself "one day I'm gettin a USA Jackson"

This is the beginning of the fulfillment of that dream lol.

I'd rather just get the Jackson I want instead of settling for something else.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by ChazBcWarlock

That's really not the only thing mate.
- quartersawn neck (costs alot!)
- MOP inlays and logo
- neckthru instead of bolt on (costs alot!)
- schaller floyd
- handmade (costs alot!)
- better wood quality (as in HUGE difference)
- actual maple top (costs alot compared to just a veneer)
- finished headstock instead of plain black
- no stupid EMG pickups (hehe, i know, that's personal taste )
- american craftmanship (costs alot compared to japanese working hours, certainly because the guitar is handmade instead of machine made, so many more working hours to pay)

All this results in a better feel, better tone, and offcourse, you will own a REAL Jackson
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 26, 2009,
I hate how anything made out of the US and not handmade isn't considered a "real guitar". Like the Americans have some special ability to make real guitars that we all lack. A guitar is a guitar is a guitar is a guitar. Where it was made or whether someone had there paws all over has nothing to do with it.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
I hate how anything made out of the US and not handmade isn't considered a "real guitar". Like the Americans have some special ability to make real guitars that we all lack. A guitar is a guitar is a guitar is a guitar. Where it was made or whether someone had there paws all over has nothing to do with it.

I don;t really see it that way.
Jackson is An American guitar company. Don't you think that a Usa Jackson would be better built than lest say japan since it originated in the US?

Kinda Like A Esp "real" Esp would be better made In japan then in the USA.
Get the Idea.

(I don't even think Esp has any factories in the usa but its for a point/)
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
I don;t really see it that way.
Jackson is An American guitar company. Don't you think that a Usa Jackson would be better built than lest say japan since it originated in the US?

Kinda Like A Esp "real" Esp would be better made In japan then in the USA.
Get the Idea.

(I don't even think Esp has any factories in the usa but its for a point/)

Almost all Japanese cars for sale in North America are made in North America, and they do fine.
Quote by potatohead_33
Almost all Japanese cars for sale in North America are made in North America, and they do fine.

Lol but we aren't talking about cars.... And Jap cars are the way to go....ford..
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by ChazBcWarlock

Jackson U.S.A > Jackson jap any day. I've put my SL2H up against a SL3, and my SL2H blows the SL3 out of the water in terms of feel, sound, playability, and looks
to be fair, after the overdrive and distortion which you will no doubt have since every jackson is a metal monster, i can personally tell the difference between the wood unless your listening very very very carefully for it, but each to their own and i salute you for buying a jackson
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I'm saving for the gusto bro.

I told myself "one day I'm gettin a USA Jackson"

This is the beginning of the fulfillment of that dream lol.

I'd rather just get the Jackson I want instead of settling for something else.

Same mindset I have. If I can't afford it, I'm not going to settle for something not quite as good for half the price. I just won't buy it til I've got the money. I can never understand people who buy a bunch of mid-range guitars rather than a couple high-end ones. I know I always play the mid-rangers to try to find one that's a golden ticket, but I haven't yet.
Quote by Killedelphia19
Jackson U.S.A > Jackson jap any day. I've put my SL2H up against a SL3, and my SL2H blows the SL3 out of the water in terms of feel, sound, playability, and looks

Not the old Jackson Professionals from the early 90's. Better than anything Jackson USA has ever put out, IMO. And that guy went on to found Caparison Guitars.
Last edited by stratman7 at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by VanTheKraut

Christ man, look at the smiley behind it...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by stratman7

Not the old Jackson Professionals from the early 90's. Better than anything Jackson USA has ever put out, IMO. And that guy went on to found Caparison Guitars.

I wouldn't say that. I'm pretty sure jackson USA quality in the 80's and after 1999 is way higher than it was back in the 90's. I still have to play a 90's USA that is as good as the 2001 SL2H i have now and the 2004 RR1 I had befor that. And the 2 best Jacksons I ever played were 80's USA's. And none of the early 90's MIJ's Ive played were as good as these USA's, but they were indeed better than the 3 90's USA's I've tried. So maybe 90's MIJ Jacksons weren't tremendously good regarding quality, but it were the MIA's that sucked big time.

Anyway, I know that the Jackson I enjoyed most of all was a 84 CS soloist. Jawdropping. If you talk about REAL jacksons, well, that's THE one.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I ordered a Jackson Snakeskin WR1 in early August through Ed Roman Guitars and got a great price. I won't post it online, but I'm sure if you call they will give you a great quote. Let's just say it's quite a bit less than what Musician's Friend wants. I spoke with "Scott."

Retail on that baby is $3299, and it normally sells for $2499. You could try talking to your local Guitar Center or Sam Ash, but honestly I think Ed Roman will get you a better price, and you won't have to pay sales tax.

Mine's getting built right now... lead time is 60-120 days - ouch!!

Last edited by degradated at Aug 31, 2009,