As stated in the title i know almost all the chords, but i just can't hold a rythem , i can't sing and play a song at the same time i get confused , i wanna know what steps should i take to fix that ? I know practice but in what way?
I would learn to keep a rhythm before trying to sing / play at the same time. Pick some easy songs that have a few chords in them, something that you can do, but will be challenging, and practice them. Also experiment with things you can't do yet, or haven't tried, just to keep your mind working, and to avoid the repetativeness of practicing.
Quote by jamescicio
As stated in the title i know almost all the chords, but i just can't hold a rythem , i can't sing and play a song at the same time i get confused , i wanna know what steps should i take to fix that ? I know practice but in what way?

I read an article on this somewhere, might even have been the UG lessons, but iirc, it was saying start off by practicing the vocals, then sing with just the chord changes and then work the rest of the song in. I could be wrong though.

Either way, this forum is for new members to introduce themselves, and for everyone to ask questions about the site. You'll get more help over in Guitar Techniques

Welcome to UG

Quote by acousticapertur
I would learn to keep a rhythm before trying to sing / play at the same time. Pick some easy songs that have a few chords in them, something that you can do, but will be challenging, and practice them. Also experiment with things you can't do yet, or haven't tried, just to keep your mind working, and to avoid the repetativeness of practicing.

Um, going by your user title, if you are controlling both that account and phat104u, which i am guessing you are, judging by the avatars, then thats classified as a multi, which are a bannable offense. I would suggest PMing a mod asap and explain, before the catch you and ban you

I would get use to playng 3 chord progressions, a really really easy way is to use power chords and perfect your galloping technique.

This is an iron maiden rhythm used by iron maiden in "Hallowed be thy name"

Its very simple, and when i was starting guitar it helped me get the idea of how rhythms work

e--
b--
G--9------9------9------9-9--5-------5------5------5-5--7------7------7-------7-7--9-5-7
D--9------9------9------9-9--5-------5------5------5-5--7------7------7-------7-7--9-5-7
A--7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7--3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3--5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5--7-3-5
E--

Let the very last 3 chords ring, and then repeat the whole thing over. this is very easy, and if takes you a little bit to learn thats okay, it will be very easy in time and give you a pretty simple idea of galloping rhythms used in most of todays metal music.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I always tell someone I help out to get the sound of the song in your head, practice just strumming without fingering the frets and once you get that move into fingering the frets. It's one task at a time. You just have to "hear" the strumming pattern and know what it should sound like before you start playing it. Maybe even count the strums. Try not to think about it and just feel it out. Once you start thinking about it you start rushing it and you get tense and it keeps you from being fluid.
Guits-
PRS Standard 22 Satin Nitro 2007
PRS 25th Anniversary 513 2010
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 2012
Gibson Flying V 67 Reissue 1990
Ovation Applause AE 147
Some ratty Concert Guitar that actually sounds decent

i would say get to know the guitar part well first, then the singing part well next. then put them both together. thats how i learned to play and sing a lot of songs
Quote by ChadHydro
I would definitely say pick up a metronome and start strumming along to it. Also get your foot tapping! If you can tap a beat reasonably well with your foot then you can use that as a base and strum along to it

also a good strategy...although i rarely use a metrenome lol
Try slowing it down a lot so you can see exactly where you have to sing the words, and then as you get better at timing them without confusing yourself speed it up. It worked for me, although I havent been doing it long, I used to be terrible and not be able to do it all xD
play along with the song and try and sing and play. its alot easier to get the strumming right and lets you see what you are doing rong. I started doing the one man band thing around november last year and ive gotten good enough to where i can add in harmonica now. i would recommend starting with jumper by third eye blind or sounds of silence by simon and garfunkle. both are pretty easy and you will get the hang of it pretty fast,