Standard Strat (mexican made)
10 48%
Highway One Strat
4 19%
Classic 70s Strat
7 33%
Voters: 21.
Which strat should i get.

i just want a cheap....but still fender.....strat that i can tinker with. e.g, redo paint job, pickups, new bridge and whammy. I can find them for about the same price, but what is the best for the price, and best for upgrading?
I would just get a MIM standard. It's not to expensive real easy to change the pickups,ect.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
highway one strat would be best imo for those.

but play a few of each before deciding on one though.
If you are going to be messing around with it the MIM is the best purely because it's the cheapest, you don't want to spend more than need be if your tinkering. The MIM Strat is a great guitar though, i love the maple neck on Fenders
Manchester United
Well, if you can get them for the same price, get the Highway 1, but you might not actually want to mod that though. If you can't, get the Standard. Nice little modding guitar, that.

The 70s is actually a decent guitar, but the only thing I'd mod on that is the pickups (and maybe a set of locking tuners but they aren't really needed). How much money have you actually got?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
money wise, a fair bit. I just want a cheap strat so i can have plenty left over for, pickups, lacheur, locking tunners.

II can get the standard cheaper, but wondered if any of those had moding advantages. e.g, better wood for staining. The less effort the better
I recomend you try some of the mexican Deluxe models.
BUt, from the choices you have listed, I'd say the highway one.
Quote by Mini-Jimmy-Page
Which strat should i get.

i just want a cheap....but still fender.....strat that i can tinker with. e.g, redo paint job, pickups, new bridge and whammy. I can find them for about the same price, but what is the best for the price, and best for upgrading?

Consider the 50's Classic Player Stratocaster - I have it and I love it!
i looked at the 50 and the 60 but i like the 70 most, different neck cause after all i will be playing it in the end!