I was thinking since there is such a thing as b double flat (it is A) there might be a D double minor chord?
Now because 1+1=2 and B double flat = A I'd assume that D double minor also equals some more commonly used phrase.
So is there such a thing as D double minor and what does it equal?

Now D minor flattens the bottom note
-2-
--3 D: DADF#
-1-
---

1--
--3 D minor: DADF
-2-
---

So I'd assume D double minor flattens it again.
---
-2-
---
So what's DADE called?
Last edited by Zombiechao at Aug 26, 2009,
D sus 2 as you replaced the 3 with a 2

And a minor flattens the 3rd in the chord, not always the "bottom" note, also I would call that the top note since its highest in pitch but that just me
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
Record him while he's playing secretly and then tell him that some other guy wants to join and he sent a recording.

When your friend says, "Man, this guys sucks", tell him, "It's you, dumbass"
Last edited by standupnfall at Aug 26, 2009,
Interesting theory, but no there is no double minor chord.

DADE = Dsus2
shred is gaudy music
Dsus2 - you've suspended the 3rd (F or F#) and replaced it with a 2nd (E)

Edit: you can get diminished chords though - two (or more) minor 3rds stacked on top of each other
Last edited by zhilla at Aug 26, 2009,
double flats are very rarely used and i don't think i've ever seen them in key sigs. also you're comparing an individual note, with a chord. while chords are named by the notes contained in them, it doesn't quite work that way. as everyone else has said, its Dsus2
Quote by z4twenny
double flats are very rarely used and i don't think i've ever seen them in key sigs. also you're comparing an individual note, with a chord. while chords are named by the notes contained in them, it doesn't quite work that way. as everyone else has said, its Dsus2

i see double flats quite a lot in my exam songs. (jazz and classical)
but, no you will not see them in key signatures, just within the song.

off the top of my head a chord with a double flat might be Cb minor: Cb, Ebb, Gb.. then with two double flats.. Cb dim: Cb, Ebb, Gbb.

Of course you could just use B minor... but it really all depends on the context
Quote by mdwallin
i see double flats quite a lot in my exam songs. (jazz and classical)
but, no you will not see them in key signatures, just within the song.

off the top of my head a chord with a double flat might be Cb minor: Cb, Ebb, Gb.. then with two double flats.. Cb dim: Cb, Ebb, Gbb.

Of course you could just use B minor... but it really all depends on the context

right right, you kinda reiterated what i was saying. i've never seen a song written in Abb, it's just G.