I need suggestions as to what fuzz pedal to get.

I will mostly be using it for leads and riffing, so I want the nice sustained compression that you would get in a BMP, but more of the warmth and mids you get in a FF. My budget would be around $150 give or take. Most I'd probably do is about $200, mainly because I'm using this as a hold over until I get around to a Fuzz God.

Ideas? Thanks guys.
I'd say a Big Muff Pi with Tonewicker. It is kind of a BMP but you can bypass the tone section for more mids. Definitely check it out.

Other than that, a Fuzz Factory can do A LOT of different fuzz sounds, you just have to dail the knobs right, so look into that also.

Also look up the ultimate fuzz thread, it contains some good info.
Yeah, I heard good things about them. I figured with my budget I'd invest in something a little more high-end. Though, I never could get into Fuzz Factories really.

I searched "only fuzz thread" but I couldn't find anything, so I'll search "ultimate fuzz thread". Thanks.
How much longer will you have to save to have enough money for the fuzz god if you didn't buy a pedal now? I think you should just wait and get the Fuzz God since you're most of the way there.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Well, maybe "hold me over" was the wrong term. This is the pedal I want to use for lead, but I will probably use it next to my Fuzz God too.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I need as much money as possible, because I also am working on a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, a Timmy, and a Malekko Ekko.

EDIT: I already stated reasons why I don't want a Big Muff. Please don't suggest one.

EDIT2:
Quote by nightraven
lots of compression and mids? get a tonebender
Ahhh, thats a great idea. What would you recommend?
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Aug 26, 2009,
MJM Foxey Fuzz
MJM China Fuzz
MJM 3 knob Brit Bender
Earthquaker Devices Tusk Fuzz
EQD Hoof Fuzz
EQD Dirt Transmitter
Death By Audio Fuzz War

For a cheaper option- Belcat R Fuzz.
I'd look at the Devi Ever line. You could get 2 of their individual pedals or one of their double pedals.

I'd suggest the Rocket.
ive always felt FF type pedals lacked mids.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Thanks guys. I'll check out everything mentioned.

^FF pedals are very upper-mid/treble heavy.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by imgooley

Death By Audio Fuzz War

i have it and it and a big muff and it is by no means compressed and it can't sustain anywhere near the big muff. That being said is a a ripper of a pedal even though i've had to send it back to get fixed.

TS maybe look into the way huge electronics swollen pickle. it can do a whole heap of different stuff but i have heard that while it can replicate the sound of a big muff decently it doesn't really have the sustain of the big muff. hope this helps.
Well, it sounds like a Swollen Pickle has the opposite of what I want

I want the sustain of a muff but the mid prescence of a FF. The Musket Fuzz sounds like a great idea, so I'm gonna look into it. Any other opinions/suggestions are welcome though too.
I will second/third/fourth the Musket. It's a wonderful fuzz that gives plenty of control.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
i just went and had a play around and i thought i would try and boost the big muff with my ds2 and the results were quite awsome. gave the muff a little bit of grit and boosted the mids considerably while keeping the awsome sustain for which it is known.

if you have any decent distortion or overdrive pedals with a mid hump you may just enjoy a big muff boosted. maybe go to a store and try it out to see if you like it.

EDIT: and to the swollen pickle being the opposite of what you want i don't think i expained it properly. you can dial in a big muff tone with more mids or you can dial in a fuzz face tone and anything in between. also the whole no sustain thing isn't something i have experienced first hand so maybe someone else can clarify.
Last edited by joe_k at Aug 27, 2009,
Quote by imgooley
MJM Foxey Fuzz
MJM China Fuzz
MJM 3 knob Brit Bender
Earthquaker Devices Tusk Fuzz
EQD Hoof Fuzz
EQD Dirt Transmitter
Death By Audio Fuzz War

For a cheaper option- Belcat R Fuzz.

MJM pedals sound really good, I second the recommendation on them. I'd also look at some Tonebender copies; I know BYOC makes one that sounds really good.