This caught my eye while looking for a new amp online. I also noticed people recommending getting one when they come out. So, are they out yet? And if not does anyone know when they're expected?

A side note, I've also seen 5150 212s on eBay...would you recommend buying one of those or waiting until the 6505+ combo is out? And tying in with that, just how loud are these things? Could I get a good sound from them without them being ear splittingly loud? In a week or so I'm planning on trying out a 6505 212, just thought a little foreshadowing might be good.
October 10th.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
6505+ 112 is being made in China. I personally would not want to be one of the first to own one so I won't be placing any orders soon. I'd go for the tried and true 5150.

The delays tell me they have been working out the bugs tho
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
6505+ 112 is being made in China. I personally would not want to be one of the first to own one so I won't be placing any orders soon. I'd go for the tried and true 5150.

The delays tell me they have been working out the bugs tho

Thanks guys. I see what you mean - something new being made abroad does seem like there could be problems. In that case I think I'll give the 5150 a shot, and if I don't get it I'll wait a while to see if anything nasty comes up with the 6505+.

About volume...60w would be good for gigging, but what for practicing on your own? If it would be too loud, is there a way to quieten it without spending loads of money on an attenuator?
Honestly, I think they will be fine, I just wouldn't want to be one of the firsts. There is probably a waiting list too so you may want to check on that. The Valvekings are made in China and despite some early issues, most of them are rock solid.

Search on 6505+ and 112 - there is a monster thread on this amp.

I'd still get a 5150.

yes, loud enough to gig - not the greatest for bedroom play but it will work. If you do gig, then that takes precedence me thinks. Never played one btw.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Honestly, I think they will be fine, I just wouldn't want to be one of the firsts. There is probably a waiting list too so you may want to check on that. The Valvekings are made in China and despite some early issues, most of them are rock solid.

Search on 6505+ and 112 - there is a monster thread on this amp.

I'd still get a 5150.

yes, loud enough to gig - not the greatest for bedroom play but it will work. If you do gig, then that takes precedence me thinks. Never played one btw.

I'll give the 6505 in Glasgow a shot and see how it is. The main reason I was thinking the 6505+ was for the extra EQ options, but if the standard model sounds good then I'll go for it (used 5150 will be cheaper than a new 6505). Also, it's not that I think they'll have problems, but I would rather wait a bit - if there are issues I'd rather they were solved before I committed to buying one.

I'm not gigging now, but what I want is to get an amp to last me - preferably able to do both practice and live work so I'm covered for the future.

Thanks for the help