Okay, so lately I've been having major GAS for a Tele and I think I've narrowed it down to either the Classic Series 50's or the Classic Series 60's Tele.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-50s-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510138

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-60s-Telecaster?sku=511034

They both look great; I would like some opinions though and experiences with these models. My budget is about $800, in case you have alternative suggestions.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
They seem pretty similar. If I had to choose between the two, I'd base my decision mostly on whether or not I wanted the maple or rosewood fretboard.

Personally, I'd go with the '50s Tele.
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
1972 Fender Telecaster Deluxe are good but re stringing them is a bitch
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
The 60's Tele has an Alder body which I believe is a better wood than the Ash body of the 50's. The 60's Tele also has a slightly wider neck.
Everything else is pretty similar.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I'd pick the 60's, but that's mainly because of the fact that i love rosewood fingerboards. all the reasons i can come up with as to choose either one is actually a question of personal preference.
Quote by Mayonaise 812
are you buying it online?

another choice might be a highway one.

Most likely I will buy it online.

I've played some Highway Ones but I've never really liked them.

Have you tried any Thinline models? Just wondering because they have a different sound.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
50's 2-tone Sunburst would be my choice.
My Gear:

2008 Squier Affinity Telecaster (Special Edition Butterscotch Blonde)
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Marshall MG15CD
Quote by Gargoyle2500
Have you tried any Thinline models? Just wondering because they have a different sound.

Unfortunately I have yet to try one of these, but I really want the Tele sound. Think early Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, and Keith Richards.

Also, I plan on gigging with it.

Last edited by FloyDZeD at Aug 26, 2009,
all i can say is good luck man hopefully they dont ship you a dud. imo never buy a guitar without trying it first.
Quote by Mayonaise 812
all i can say is good luck man hopefully they dont ship you a dud. imo never buy a guitar without trying it first.

Yeah, I usually wouldn't but I've been wanting a Tele bad, and the stores near me never have many Teles in stock apart from Highway Ones and Standards.

^ That's true, but the '50s Tele has an ash body. It's more or less whichever one you want, TS. I mean, do you want an ash body with a maple fretboard and a huge neck, or do you want an alder body with a rosewood fretboard and a thinner neck?
Besides the fretboard, the 50's model has a fat neck like most 1950's reissues do, an ash body if I'm correct and more bell-like pickups as they're often described. 60's model has a slimmer, more C-shape neck(Still not terrible slim, but it's thinner than the 50's model by a lot), and hotter, edgier pickups. It's really your call on whether you like punchy, more ballsy tones of the 60's pickups or the clear crisp tone of the 50's pickups, and which neck-fretboard you like. Personally I'd get the 1960's model, but that's me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54