...Give me a serious hard-on.

Show me some medium-end (?) guitars with ebony fretboards
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
agile 3000s have ebony i think, and so do a few michael kelly patriots (iv been shopping around for LPs for a while, can u tell?)
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC

The Agile AL-3000 series guitars have ebony fretboards and are pretty nice. I'm very happy with mine. In fact most Agile models have ebony fretboards and are good mid range guitars if you don't like the les paul shape.
http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/electric/DR/DR1500QXI/index.html

I have one of these things from two years ago. It feels, sounds and looks brilliant, and on top of it all the newer models have coil-splitting. And I know it says it's $800-$850, but that's the MSRP. Just as an Am. Std. Fender's MSRP is $1,590-$1,780, but they go for $1,200-$1,350, through a Dillion dealer, a DR1500 will run about $400-$450 instead of $800-$850.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Parker PM10/20

I own a PM10, and the ebony fretboard is absolutely silky! I'd back even Parker's lowest end guitar 100%.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Most of the higher-end B.C. Rich guitars (Mockingbird ST, Assassin PX3T) have ebony fretboards.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by necrosis1193
http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/electric/DR/DR1500QXI/index.html

I have one of these things from two years ago. It feels, sounds and looks brilliant, and on top of it all the newer models have coil-splitting. And I know it says it's $800-$850, but that's the MSRP. Just as an Am. Std. Fender's MSRP is $1,590-$1,780, but they go for $1,200-$1,350, through a Dillion dealer, a DR1500 will run about $400-$450 instead of $800-$850.

That thing looks stunning! Where are there Dillion dealers? They aren't listed on the site as far as I can tell...

Dust_to_Dust, I love that Ran custom

I'll check out the higher end BC Rich stuff, but I don't really like Schecter necks.

rooster546, I love the look of the Parker Fly, but the PM doesn't really do it for me...anyway, if I went with a Parker, I'd go all the way and get a Fly Mojo

I'd check out Agile, but all they have is LP-shaped 6-stringers and I'm looking for more of a super-strat shape..

I'll also be checking out some Michael Kelly stuff.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
That thing looks stunning! Where are there Dillion dealers? They aren't listed on the site as far as I can tell...

They aren't listed, but on the front page is the owner and founder's email. Tell him you're interested and within a day he'll respond referring you to the email of the guy I bought mine from, who I believe ships out of Connecticut.

Quote by necrosis1193
They aren't listed, but on the front page is the owner and founder's email. Tell him you're interested and within a day he'll respond referring you to the email of the guy I bought mine from, who I believe ships out of Connecticut.

Thanks, I'll do that!

How's the build quality, etc.?

What does the neck compare to?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Last edited by no.mop at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by no.mop
Thanks, I'll do that!

How's the build quality, etc.?

Well, QC and build quality generally very good. I own three from the brand and all three are rock solid to the point if I ever experience success I intend to endorse them, I've played at least a dozen through my guitar teacher, who's also a dealer for them, and they've all been excellent instruments, I have no concerns about ordering one without trying it whenever I've ordered a new one from them. They're made in handmade in Korea but use imported woods, so costs are kept down, good wood is used, they're hand-made despite the price and they can kick the ass of most things in their pricerange in my experience.

Edit; The neck is about a modern C-shape, a good comparison would be, in my experience, a Mexican strat or a wide-thin profile PRS neck.

Quote by necrosis1193
Well, QC and build quality generally very good. I own three from the brand and all three are rock solid to the point if I ever experience success I intend to endorse them, I've played at least a dozen through my guitar teacher, who's also a dealer for them, and they've all been excellent instruments, I have no concerns about ordering one without trying it whenever I've ordered a new one from them. They're made in handmade in Korea but use imported woods, so costs are kept down, good wood is used, they're hand-made despite the price and they can kick the ass of most things in their pricerange in my experience.

Edit; The neck is about a modern C-shape, a good comparison would be, in my experience, a Mexican strat or a wide-thin profile PRS neck.

Oooh that sounds awesome, I was checking out some PRS stuff, but those Dillions cost less than even an SE and have pretty much my ideal specs
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
Oooh that sounds awesome, I was checking out some PRS stuff, but those Dillions cost less than even an SE and have pretty much my ideal specs

Glad to be a help if you end up getting one.

Yeah, medium-higher end B.C. Rich guitars have very nice ebony fretboards, which usually come with nice pearl-diamond inlays. Check out some of the Beast/Warlock/Warbeast models, you can get one with a nice ebony fretboard for around $400 or so.
Unispex, I don't really want a crazy pointy guitar, just a super-strat shape

So far, my little list of stuff to check into:

BC Rich ASM Pro
BC Rich Assassin PX3T
Dillion DR-1500
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
PRS Custom SE
PRS Paul Allender SE

The SEs are there...just because I dig them

But I don't really want actives, so that's a bit of a problem with the ASM and the MK...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Last edited by no.mop at Aug 26, 2009,
ESP LTD JH-600 Jeff Hanneman Signature

ESP LTD ALEXI-600

Last edited by DimeLvR at Aug 26, 2009,
Bump for eboniiz
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

MUHAHAHA Rosewood will defeat you! Let the image burn into your brain!

EDIT; Nawww i'll find you something nice

Not mid price as such, but maybe you could find one second hand.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Aug 27, 2009,

Washburn X50 Pro. The one pictured is the FE version, which in my eyes, is the sexiest guitar with EMG's.
Quote by Dust_to_Dust

What guitar is that?
"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours." - Dave Mustaine
Its a Custom Ran www.ranguitars.com

Heres some more for OP

Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Aug 27, 2009,
How much they start?
"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours." - Dave Mustaine
I can't remember, but they aren't too expensive, as they're in Euro's.

Fill that in, and they'll send you an email of how much it would cost

Ran Custom Shop Quote Maker
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
I can't remember, but they aren't too expensive, as they're in Euro's.

Fill that in, and they'll send you an email of how much it would cost

Ran Custom Shop Quote Maker

My Ibanez RGR321 will arrive in a few Days, so i have no money xD
But that Ran Guitars look great..
Haha, I know how you feel
They do look great
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Aug 27, 2009,

I WANT THIS
Quote by Blast For Satan
I wish Ibanez used Ebony on their RG models... I have an Ebony fetish.

Me too

There's just something magical about ebony fretboards..
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by compin

I WANT THIS

!!!

The only Jackson neck I like. And I don't just like it; I'm in love with the Soloist neck.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

More for OP.

I think thats enough now
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by no.mop
!!!

The only Jackson neck I like. And I don't just like it; I'm in love with the Soloist neck.

I heard that the jackson i posted has the thinnest Jackson Neck that Jackson built, is that right? I only played an DK2M
Quote by compin
I heard that the jackson i posted has the thinnest Jackson Neck that Jackson built, is that right? I only played an DK2M

I'm really not too sure about the details on Jackson necks. It's weird though; on their site, it says that the Dinky and Soloist have the exact same neck dimensions, but while I love the Soloist neck, I really dislike the Dinky neck
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
I'm really not too sure about the details on Jackson necks. It's weird though; on their site, it says that the Dinky and Soloist have the exact same neck dimensions, but while I love the Soloist neck, I really dislike the Dinky neck

Maybe because it's painted?
Quote by compin
Maybe because it's painted?

More the dimensions than the feeling of it.. But they're supposed to be the same..
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?