Let's say I didn't want to pay for this service and I wanted to install my new pups myself.

How would I do it? What would I need to do it?

Any info would be appreciated.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
You'd need a soldering iron, solder and a wiring diagram. The wiring diagram would tell you how, all you need to know is how to use a soldering iron and solder properly.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
I'm doing the same thing.

I just got two Vintage '59's from GFS.

^^^ That might start a whole new conversation. Lol
I'm trying them, so we'll see.

But, as for installing pickups, I went on seymourduncan.com and they have every diagram your can imagine on there.

I have an HxH setup and both are 4 conductor, and they had a diagram for that.

Plus, I shielded it. (Epiphone Les Paul Plus)

Anyhoo, tell me how it goes. I'll tell you if I fry mine, too. Lol
Last edited by ASJerrell at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by Oosh.
You'd need a soldering iron, solder and a wiring diagram. The wiring diagram would tell you how, all you need to know is how to use a soldering iron and solder properly.

Is it hard to do at all.

Is it worth doing yourself or would it be safer to pay for it to be done?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
it's really easy to do. just follow the wiring diagrams. i've changed the pickups in 3 of my guitars
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by skwelcher
it's really easy to do. just follow the wiring diagrams. i've changed the pickups in 3 of my guitars

Okeydokes

Let's say hypothetically I wanted to have it done.

How much would it cost?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Is it hard to do at all.

Is it worth doing yourself or would it be safer to pay for it to be done?

Its easy enough, just google how to do it.

I got my EMG's fitted after tonnes of messing up myself and it cost £95, but that is way way over the top. You can give it a go yourself if you **** up go to a tech. Mansons (Where they make guitars for Matt Bellamy, Led Zep and Steriophonics) would do it for around £30 if i remember correctly.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
i have no idea how much it costs to have it done, but if i were you i would to it myself. when i changed pickups the first time all i had to do was follow instructions and i was good to go. a few word of advice: don't touch a soldering iron to check if it's hot, and just do exactly what the wiring diagrams say. they're typically very easy to understand, or at in my experiences. if the instructions are a picture you should have no problem.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Soldering is really easy, imo.

Just really take a look at how your current setup is, and how the wires and stuff are connected. It's just hard to hold thin wire in a small hole, and a soldering iron at the same time. Lol So, besides not having 3 hands, it shouldn't be too hard.

Idk, I'm attempting it and I'm pretty confident. If it doesn't work I'm gonna be really upset.
Last edited by ASJerrell at Aug 26, 2009,
Try making a hook out of the end of the wire, so it holds itself on.
Soldering is a great skill to have when you play electric guitar, so it's worth learning/practicing.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
So from what I gathered all you need is a steady hand and a wiring chart which I can get from SD. Im litterly in the same boat. I want to replace my pickups myself to save money and get that nice sense of accomplishment.

Also: If I picked up some of those cheap snap on pickup covers from ebay, will they literly snap on and will they in anyway affect the sound in my guitar.
I wired up an Ibanez RG I was giving to a buddy. With the wiring diagram in front of me it was a 15-minute affair.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...