Page 1 of 2
Hey guys. Soooo, I let my sister use my computer to check her facebook. Now, my computer is being overwhelmed by mal-ware all stemming from something called Fast Browser Search. Also, It is hijacking every search I do involving any word that has to do with malware removal, virus, or any safety software. I tried deleting the program from the add/remove programs list, but it just won't. I also tried manually deleting the file from program files. Please pit, help me save my computer.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
partial restore your computer from before your sister used it
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by Gargantuan

I clicked this, and Fast Browser Search hijacked the link and directed me to it's own homepage.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

load the anti-virus software on a flahsdrive, then get it from that. If that doesn't work may god have mercy upon your soul.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX

MC name = Bearrorism
Last edited by Gargantuan at Aug 26, 2009,
Well, I'm now boned. I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You". Then it closed. Also, my neighbor just came over with a flashdrive full of system scanning and saving delights, and they all come up as "Major Security Threat, File Deleted". Please, If there is any techie out there....I need you.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Quote by parigod
load the anti-virus software on a flahsdrive, then get it from that. If that doesn't work may god have mercy upon your soul.

this or put it on a CD. thats what i did when my laptop got messed up
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
I think something like this happened in the Computer thread, check there.

Actually dude, I think you're boned. Sounds like "your sister" grabbed something truly malicious...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Start the computer in safe mode and delete Fast Browser Search manually, or edit the msconfig startup so it doesn't start with the computer.
kill your sister. if my brother did this i'd kill him
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by pwrmax
Start the computer in safe mode and delete Fast Browser Search manually, or edit the msconfig startup so it doesn't start with the computer.

this
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by pwrmax

this if it doesnt work restore should in safe mode
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Quote by vmanoman
Well, I'm now boned. I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You". Then it closed. Also, my neighbor just came over with a flashdrive full of system scanning and saving delights, and they all come up as "Major Security Threat, File Deleted". Please, If there is any techie out there....I need you.

Am I the only one who started laughing at that?

Make sure to unregister the dll's and delete any reg keys. Theres tutorials and how to instructions on google.
Sounds like? - "A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU"RE LISTENING TO ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW!"
- Steel Panther
Quote by vmanoman
dude, asfter clicking the links a dozen or so times, it went through! i downloaded it and am running a scan right now. If this works, I owe you soooo hard.

that may not be the end of it. if you're lucky it will be, but when the something similar happened with my computer, it would close out the antivirus program mid install(something where there was about a 1/2 second window to stop the virus from closing it and eventually we got it clicked.), but if you've got it installed already you should be fine.
Quote by webbtje
Quote by LightninStrikes

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

Am I the only one who started laughing at that?

Agreed. That is so fucking kvlt.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
This virus sounds bloody hilarious
They've really got you pinned huh

Complete system restore seems your only viable option, the kind you run while the thing boots, hopefully they haven't blocked that escape route
tell your sister to stop watching pronz when your not looking
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Quote by pwrmax

+the world

this is the only way to save your computer TS

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
*sigh*

Because somebody did this, you can't post it without a warning anymore. Is bannable.

Why does nobody know this?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Holy SHIT, that's a clever virus.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by SteveHouse
Because somebody did this, you can't post it without a warning anymore. Is bannable.

Why does nobody know this?

Wow.

That person sucks.
Quote by webbtje
I suggest you tell your sister to sell her possessions and buy you a new computer.
Or she can turn tricks if she's hawt.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
You don't need to be hot to turn tricks.
OPINIONATED STATEMENT

Meaningful Song Lyrics
Inside my signature
Make me look deep
And misunderstood

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context hilarious quote!

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context compliment!

My Gear:
Awesome Shit
Cool Shit
Shitty Shit

Holy ****, that's a clever virus.

not particularly although the "System restore cannot protect you" made my day

Quote by Well.......
It kind-of sounds like that conficker virus...

Yes, there are many malwares like this usually they pose as an anti-virus/spyware/adware programs and give you a false list of a huge amount of malware on your machine and hijack various functions on your computer not to mention are really obnoxious with the goal of getting you to give them your credit card info to buy the full version of the "anti-virus" software to remove the nonexistent malware.

To those saying just delete it manually and edit the startup ini that's only part of the problem. It's comparable to having the door locked then some guy punches his fist through the door you proceed to smash his fist with a crowbar an he pulls back and runs away screaming but the hole is still there.
Sounds like? - "A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU"RE LISTENING TO ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW!"
- Steel Panther
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Or she can turn tricks if she's hawt.
Damn, this girl's gonna be dealing with different viruses if you don't shut up. >_>
Quote by ctb
Damn, this girl's gonna be dealing with different viruses if you don't shut up. >_>

Haha that was way too forced.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Pannenkoeken
You don't need to be hot to turn tricks.
tru dat. but really, if she looks like this, how much money is she gonna make?

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by ctb
Was that a pre-pun?

I don't know.

1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
tru dat. but really, if she looks like this, how much money is she gonna make?

Zeus's Beard! Hide the children!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Ok, so I ran the anti-malware program..... I tried to delete one of the infected files. A pop-up appeared saying "In Soviet Russia, Virus delete you". :-l I proceeded to ask my sister if she went on any other sites when on my computer. Turns out, she went on 4-chan and saved some pictures to my computer. Guys, this is a 4chan-based virus. Right now, im on my dad's laptop trying to find out a cure for this. Anyone know anyhting about this virus?
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Quote by vmanoman
Ok, so I ran the anti-malware program..... I tried to delete one of the infected files. A pop-up appeared saying "In Soviet Russia, Virus delete you". :-l I proceeded to ask my sister if she went on any other sites when on my computer. Turns out, she went on 4-chan and saved some pictures to my computer. Guys, this is a 4chan-based virus. Right now, im on my dad's laptop trying to find out a cure for this. Anyone know anyhting about this virus?

You are probably now part of a botnet. You will probably have to F-disk.
Quote by vmanoman

Did she do this on purpose. And what were the pics of????

The killing your sister thing just jumped from Pit immaturity to viable option.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2

Did she do this on purpose. And what were the pics of????

The killing your sister thing just jumped from Pit immaturity to viable option.

The pics were of naked men.....
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Page 1 of 2